Spring Renaissance Fair - April 15th and 16th, 2023

@KatieOfConrad they can train you - you should do it!!!

4 Likes

I would love to!

3 Likes

We could still use some more catapults. There are 86 so far, but quite a few didn’t cut well because of variation in the Masonite. There isn’t a lot of decent material left in FabLab. Is it too short notice to get some from Spirit? If not, I don’t mind buying a few sheets.

3 Likes

85 should go pretty far! I did reach out to spirit last week for Masonite and they were complete Out. People have been buying entire 100 sheet boxes lately so I told them to hold the next one back for us.

And yes, we will definitely train anyone interested in learning how to use the crossbow, especially since the authors may have a decent siege weapon this time.

4 Likes

Bring some leather gloves for sure. Don’t have to be thick but just something to stop from getting blisters if you draw the string.

4 Likes

What time Thursday?

1 Like

How does 7pm sound?

3 Likes

Sounds good to me.

1 Like

The castle is up! Thoughts and prayers it stays that way overnight! Quite a little squall came through and wreaked havoc as we were finishing up and helping our neighbors. :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: :dash: :tent:

Hope to see lots of folks out this weekend!

11 Likes

Sounds like we may have another 1st time vendor joining us. Got a call from the event organizer asking if we had space for a gal that had 3 tables and product and not much experience.

Nothing is confirmed at this point, but we’ll see how things work out in the morning.

4 Likes

FYI: I have one extra 6” folding table and one extra black fitted tablecloth if anyone needs them. Let me know if I should bring them.

3 Likes

Around when do you need me to get there by tomorrow?

2 Likes

We’re showing up at about 8. Vendors can get their cars in by the tents from 8-9.

2 Likes

If you are vending/helping with catapults: 8-9

If you are helping with the siege weapon contest only: 2pm. (It will take you an hour to drive/ walk around the crowds…)

The siege weapon contest is at 3:15.

5 Likes

I think I’ll try and be there around 1:00.

2 Likes

The castle survived the night!

7 Likes

The castle is filling up!

8 Likes

There were emergency last minute costume repairs, so I’m running a little late but I should be able to be there by two.

3 Likes

Is everyone keeping warm?

Brings out the cold hardy people.

Funny how a few warm days can spoil a person

Enjoy your time today?

2 Likes

A good samaritan was passing out hand warmers at the Arb. The view and music helped me think warm thoughts.

5 Likes