Spring Renaissance Fair - April 15th and 16th, 2023

We’re up to 43 catapult kits now! If anyone else would like to help out, the Lightburn file is on the desktop of both Mario and Luigi. There’s a tub in the lounge for completed kits.

5 Likes

Just an FYI , I am at 56 on the 3d Printed version.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Sounds like a challenge…

2 Likes

Are you nesting them to cut multiples at once? I think when we did that we could cut 15 in a little over an hour. I have a couple of sewing projects I need to focus on. I might bring one up there next week to work on while I cut catapults.

1 Like

There’s a file on Luigi’s desktop to cut 16 at once. You can probably shuffle them a little closer together. I’ve only been cutting 4-6 at one time in case anyone else needs to use the lasers.

FYI: some of the Masonite sitting in there is a little thicker than 1/8” and it doesn’t cut through.

And Rustin generously donated a bunch of masking tape, which is sitting by Luigi.

3 Likes

No actually I was thinking about a hundred, unless someone wants more. I use the ends of rolls. Minimal cost.

···

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 31, 2023, at 5:55 PM, Gemma Blackburn via MakeICT Forum noreply@talk.makeict.org wrote:

| gemma
March 31 |

• | - |

Sounds like a challenge…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

2 Likes

116. I’m calling it good.

8 Likes

Way to go guys on all your efforts!

Are you guys okay with a quick tagup meeting at 6pm on Friday to discuss progress for the renaissance fair and what/who still needs help?

-I need to confirm borrowing a trailer from David Hanson
-I could use help finishing up the 3rd set of targets for Matthew’s crossbow, I have parts cut and hope to start assembling them Thursday night. (we need to make sure there is at least a quart of orange paint and a quart of green paint to paint the 5 targets)
-Also need to make sure anyone attending understands the conduct and expectation we need to follow at fair

6 Likes

Im game

3 Likes

I’ll be there too.

2 Likes

Awesome, I’ve seen a lot of effort going into preparing for the renaissance fair. I’m excited to see how it turns out!

… and Matthew’s targets are coming along.

4 Likes

Is there enough paint for these? I can help paint after the meeting tomorrow.

2 Likes

There is a quart of green as well as a quart of orange paint in maintenance, but I’ll need to double check with Joe B. (Facilities Lead) to make sure they aren’t ear marked for something else.

3 Likes

Anyone have circular saw blades they want to donate? They make great wings. Like, I saw this one last night, and wonder if I could use it.

…err, for welding purposes, that is. I assume the “don’t use” means for actual sawing. :smile:

2 Likes

I’m planning to be there tonight. I have something on the trailer now so will need to make arrangements to get it to Rustin Sunday sometime. I could’ve sworn I saw a thread recently where somebody said they had several trailers at their disposal but the search hasn’t helped me find it is it existed.

1 Like
3 Likes

Yep thats me. Im not sure of what the size of whatever is being hauled. Ill be there tomorrow for orientation and maybe a metal class at noon with rustin if it still have space. I have a 16x7x7 enclosed, a 16x7 open trailer with 4ft sides amd a tarp system as well as a 18x7 flat bed. Id need to be the one to haul them as they are bussiness trailers i use weekly and if an accident happens it needs to be my fault

3 Likes

Looks like the plan is to move renaissance equipment to the south end of the classroom hall Thursday night, and load up small stuff. Friday morning we’ll load up the big stuff at 9am and meet at the Sedgwick County Park at Noon to setup the tent and castle facia.

Greg Cain has also offered to help load up and haul with his enclosed trailer Friday morning, as well as help with tear down Sunday at 6pm.

We still need some volunteers to help with the fire team for the ballista on Saturday and Sunday around 3pm.

3 Likes

Do you need to know anything about the ballista to help?

2 Likes