Project Night Revival ... Or What

Yes! We need to get the social going again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d like to start coming again. I didn’t attend very often as I often travel during the week…but when I did it was fun. I have several projects going that may be fun to work on there. It’s a good way for us to learn from each other.

1 Like

I’m interested, but I’d prefer a night other than Tuesday. I recognize that I’m only one person and you don’t need to change it only on my account. Nonetheless, I’m registering my preference.

2 Likes

@ssaner If you had your preference, when would it be?

Actually, since I’m (finally) going to be doing a re-build on the CNC lathe, it might be a good thing if people want to meet up to talk about it? (I tend to just do things and not document them so much if it’s just me, though I try.) I’ll scan in the documentation to show people what will be connected and such?

1 Like

I don’t have much preference other than not Tue.

Would Monday be a good day? It may be an added benefit of having a group meeting during Maker Monday…showing more activity.

1 Like

We could look into it. The downside to that would be that I am heavily involved in Maker Monday, so half of the time I wouldn’t be able to be there.

The Knoxmakers have a show and tell session live on FB on Tuesdays. I’ve shared it on our FB feed several times. It’d be nice to try and do that in the future.

Kind of thinking about this, and thought people were starting on it: So I’m planning on being there tomorrow (Tuesday night somewhere around 6-7) to discuss the CNC lathe setup and electrical layout (and I’ll post on the forum in a separate thread about it.) and I think @ssaner can make it that particular Tuesday?

1 Like

Thursday evenings?

Very down for this. I have a CNC project I need help with!

I went to school to be a machinist if that info is useful at all…

Yep!

Here’s the thread for it, with some useful links: CNC Lathe (EMCO PC TURN 50) LinuxCNC rebuild (and lots of extra information which may or may not be useful to people.)

The next meeting (I’ll get it on the calendar) is Wednesday 7-ish. The more people who understand how it’s setup, the better! So when we non-machinists do something wrong, more people can fix it. :wink:

1 Like

Was this ever revived? Just curious. Have a ShopBot project I’d love some help with.

1 Like

Yes, we have talked about it a little more, I just haven’t got around to posting something. Or current thinking is to move it to Thursday nights from 7-9. We are looking into having it focus more on different software to give everyone an opportunity to be exposed to what they would like to learn. We are thinking of doing it more of a lecture/demo environment with maybe 1 week geared towards the beginner level.

We clearly need to think about how to setup an opportunity for those who need help to get it, maybe setup something so that if you are planning on coming in, you post so we make sure we have someone available for the software/machine that you need assistance with.

I haven’t put anything on the calendar yet, but we were thinking about having an organizational meeting, maybe in 2 weeks.

As for your ShopBot project, what are you needing help with? Maybe we can get you going sooner.

1 Like

Sounds good. @SeanReed also reached out about my ShopBot project.

I’ve got the design created in Easel…just need help with everything after that! lol. I took the authorization course, but it’s been two years and I just can’t remember the steps.

I added the event to the calendar. It is currently setup for Aug 26 from 6:30 - 7:30 in Classroom 3.

1 Like

Doh! I’ll be out of town. I’ll catch the next one! Thanks for coordinating this.