Logan's EPIC Magic Wheelchair Halloween!

I updated the drawing and measurements. Sorry it took me so long! Two points i wanted to draw attention to:

The the roof of this design is 19 inches front to back. We’ll need to fit a light bar and the bubble snorkel on that 19" roof. So if you guys dont think thats enough space we’ll need to figure that out.

Also, I added a green line where i think the truck needs to break in half. This will actually break it into 3 pieces, the front (cab), and the 2 side panels. Easy to get Logan in and easy to store.

Let me know your thoughts!

2 Likes

I think we need to match the accessories to the truck design, not the other way around. So you do that voodoo that you do, and we’ll make it fit.

Jerry recommended that we need a U shaped pvc chassis with slots on the bottom to easily slide on/off the hand rests. We can secure it with a screw/washer on the hand rail so it doesn’t wobble.
I also recommend a thin pvc roll cage for integrity.

I tried to update the scaled drawing with your updated number. The one thing
that did not want to work is the 7’ 4" number.

To keep the slopes of the vertical transition lines I had to either shrink the over all length or lengthen one of the horizontal number. I stretched the back number from 26 to 38.

It would be cool if Grandma looked like she was standing and riding in the truck… maybe a smidge longer in the back? Maybe make the wheels hide where she is walking?

74 inches

If you have a chassis and structural integrity, you dont need an extra wheel.

I think that is probably the wheelchair wheel peeking out…

That’s just the front wheel of the wheelchair showing.

It sure is. Has anyone seen my brain? I lost it.

1 Like

The Lost & Found is just east of the front door, near the windows :nerd_face:

2 Likes

oops…

@Erik

That matches closer to your original proportions.

74" 7’4"… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ive been looking at ways to make good chrome without spending $5k on a machine. Lol

Looks like rustoleum chrome spray paint is going to be best imo. It will make everything match. We can 3d print parts, sculpt parts from foam or whatever else and paint it all to match. Even though it will look more like the diffused side of aluminum foil. I think that’s still ok.

1 Like

I think I found your answer. I cut a plastic water bottle in half today, and spray painted mirror paint on the backside. Tell me this doesn’t look like chrome!

2 Likes

Now we need to simply get some of this plastic and vacuum-form it to the shapes we need. At least that’s the theory. I also took a sample of the pink foam we had, cut it into a stack of small rectangles, and glued it together. Then I applied some of the Foamcoat, sanded, and painted it red. It ended up with a glossy, hard shell. There’s a sample on the table over in our work area. I left it to show tomorrow, along with the “chrome” piece.

1 Like

Awesome! That does look good!

How are you thinking about doing the cab of the truck?

Are you going to put some sort of design in side, with something transparent for the windows or just paint something on? or make them black?

We could also use the chrome looking tape (go fast tape for aircraft workers) the stuff we use for duct work. It is available in different widths for chrome trim.

2 Likes

I was thinking to do an empty cab and just do glossy black paint for the windows and chrome molding around it.