Logan's EPIC Magic Wheelchair Halloween!

Yes

Magic Wheelchair loves our shirts, thanks @devin. We are good to go.

3 Likes

Status update.

Passenger side gauge plate is mounted. I may have used too much velcro, and I think things will fall off when it is removed to cut the side.

The second one was gluing when I left. The top diamond plate is bent to cover the top edge. I added minimal velcro to the driver side.

I mounted the front wheels. I was not able to work on gluing the studs in the foam. I can see about working on that after the tv crew takes the pictures. I was not able to clean up my mess. I wanted to get the side plate metal finished.

1 Like

light bar
I dislike the flasher with the covers on. I would like to make the light bar between them. pink. assuming there is clearance for the snorkel base.

David can you hold off on poking holes in the roof for the tv crew?

Tom, you rock, being up so late (early) working on this. I’m heading down there at 5:30 to try and get the rest of the wiring done for the lights. I suppose I can just drape the wire from the emergency lights over the back of the cab for the TV crew, and we can poke holes afterwards. I agree on the light bar, though. If we have time to fabricate it, it should be included.

I can’t say enough about all of the work everyone has put into this project. If any of you can get free for the TV crew at 3:30 this afternoon, you really should come down. This is your hard work that has made this truck happen.

I think on Logan’s “tray” I’d like to see everyone who put in time or money or effort to be able to sign their name in red Sharpie®. I’d also like to mount a small metal plaque on the tray that attests to where, when, and who made this truck happen. We can engrave it on the PC Board CNC machine in the ERP lab, or I can do it on mine at home.

Bottom line: THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HARD WORK AND DONATIONS.

1 Like

I’d love to come, but we are behind at work. Yet, things are not in-house that I need to complete work on time. If I can get away I will be there.

I’ll be in around 1 today.

WOW, you guys have done a incredible job!! I hope I can see it before it goes.

2 Likes

Just sayin

This thing is coming out incredible guys!

4 Likes

Please post here when you know the details of when the KSN segment will air.

I was looking at the list of todo’s. I saw something about plastic nobs. I don’t recall seeing details about this from before. What is needed?

Logan’s grandmother gave us a knob (around a threaded nut) that they use to attach the tray to the wheelchair. The one they had was broken, and I told them I’d print some replacements. The knob should be there somewhere. I’ll dig it out when I come in tomorrow.

Right now the truck is standing on its end next to the wall, so that I can access the space inside the cab and do proper wiring. I crawled under and did a quick hookup using wire nuts so that we could show the lights to the news crew. I plan on coming in tomorrow to finish the basic wiring.

I have knobs at my house. Probably 1/4-20. I can bring them down tomorrow morning. If someone can leave me a list of to do items I will try and work them. I need to cut some slots in the tray for attach hardware.

What do you think of this?

Do we have two pieces of acrylic in the range of 4" x 32"?
If we laser cut the top and bottom plate, and 3d printer translucent covers for the front, and black for the back, and cover the inside with red lense tape.

The shape in side is the size of the board from the flashers we have. if we remove the internal reflector it might reduce the indensity, and flash the entire bar. we might be able to get away with a single flasher since it would be omni directional.

If someone has the time we could pick this up.

The police chief had arranged a donation for lights and sirens, I believe. If you want to follow up with the company that has the items, here’s the info.

Caleb at Superior Emergency Response Vehicles 733-2223

12540 SW Highway 54, Andover, KS

There’s a sheet of new acrylic on the tables in the shared workspace. We might consider masking part of the inside of the light bar and back-painting with the mirror paint. That would give us places that are chrome, which is quite light-bar-ish.

I’ll pick it up today.

David do you have any transparent red spray paint? In your horde of paint cans? it would give the acrylic a red tint. without trying to cut the red lense film to cover a large area.

I found this at lowes. If you do can you find a scrap piece of acrylic to test the color.

The 3 - 3.5" studs need to be glued (epoxy) into the foam to mount the bars. Any remaining 4 inch that are holding the angle on need to be cut off. If you would like to mark the position. Then remove the bars . Cut down any remaining 4 inch studs. I can glue them tonight.

If not I can do it tonight. That would give the glue time to cure. Then it can be cut in half on Friday.

Sounds good,

How thick is the sheet?