Logan's EPIC Magic Wheelchair Halloween!

Nope not me either…

David’s claimed the truck for himself and is taking it home we’ll have to build another one

3 Likes

Lol that thing is coming out so awesome! I’ll have the decals ready to install this weekend.

1 Like

@tom.bloom if you get a chance can you post the stl files for the other mirror to this thread and someone could get the print going?

1 Like

I have the second mirror at home. I have sanded it need some paint.

I sent them anyway. To the admin list.

I will bring it to the space with me. I will send out the arms. I forgot to print them. I am heading out now, and I am going to swing by the yard.

1 Like

side frame design. I have a problem with the round pvc, for weight, and mounting to the sides.

Here is the best realistic idea I can come up with, short of an aluminum tube frame (over kill, and not much time, and have mounting problems with gluing it to the foam just like the pcv)

Use wood. Light weight. glue plywood to the foam. glue rectrangular strips to the plywood. taper the edges so they fit snugly. drill two vertical holes, and drop a two bolts in. This would give a rigid point to attach the foam to the chair, and I think it is easy to build.

I think we could block the top edges of the cab with foam to add any needed side to side rigidity, so if we extended the plywood into the cab half way it would give a large area to glue agains.

1 Like

Jerry and I had the same reservations with the PVC, and Jerry came up with the idea for the 2" aluminum L-channel that’s sitting up by the fire truck. There are also some squared-off “U” brackets to attach it with. Jerry has the complete plan in his brain, so you guys probably should talk.

Decals.

2 Likes

EPIC! Those will make it a completely different truck.

I had to come up and install these.

4 Likes

OMG guys it is soooo cool!

I’ve created a punch list for the remaining tasks on the fire truck. Please visit this link and help me fill out any remaining tasks, as well as the information for each task. Each line item needs to have the due date and responsible party fields updated, so if an item is something you’ll be doing, please add your name and details as necessary.

@Erik Those. Are. Awesome.

Does anyone have old newspaper I can use tonight to mask the front of the truck for painting?

Thanks David and ladeana!

I’ll bring in some for you.

Someone cut my grill in half and then tested some paint on it. Lol. Must have mistaken it for scrap. Either way, I’ll need to make a new one.

We’ll probably want to shoot for being done by Wednesday night. That will give us a few days to show it off and button it up if we need to.

I’m all for it, provided that the snorkel and electronics are ready to go by then. There’s a lot involved. I have no doubt they’ll have it ready in time, but I’d have to ask to see if it is possible by Wednesday.

@Erik, what was the grille made of? We’ve got some sheets of aluminum that we could polish up and cut on the plasma, although the edges would need some cleanup at the very least. We’ve also got that styrene that could be cut with a razor. Google says that it is even safe to cut on the laser, but could possibly give problems with the edges if it isn’t very thin stock. On second thought, if it is to be a “chrome” grille, it could be cut from clear acrylic and back-painted with the mirror paint. I could pick up a thin sheet of acrylic before I come down there today if we need it.

Back painted acrylic would be awesome. That’s a great idea.

Mine was just foam. It wasn’t a big deal at all btw. I was intending to air brush an American flag into the grill slats but I never got my air brush fixed. There really isn’t time for that anyway. I say we go the acrylic route like you mentioned. We have a little chrome on all sides except the front right now, so that’s perfect.