Logan's EPIC Magic Wheelchair Halloween!

Bailing wire, twine? (old school)

Okay, Iā€™ve just talked to the Fire Chief in Amorita, and our big reveal is scheduled for 3 PM on Sunday, October 28th. We will need to get that on the calendar and Facebook, and Iā€™d invite everyone, whether they worked on the wheelchair build or not. The more the merrier!

Iā€™d expect that those who will be doing any last-minute adjustments to the chair on site plan on leaving from the makerspace around :clock12: noon. That would put us there around :clock130: one-thirty, and give us time to fabricate any attachment points or bracing that we might need.

Iā€™d like to thank our build team with a dinner together, but weā€™ll want to decide whether we want to do that at around 7 that night or on another night altogether.

1 Like

Awesome, I will take that off my to do list for this evening. I hope to print shirts on the 26th and have them to people that day or the can get them at noon on Sunday. If you havenā€™t given me your size please get that to me so we can get everyone covered. Do we want to have a convoy to the reveal and do we want to hand out treats as well?

I donā€™t know that there will be many (or any) kids at the reveal, so Iā€™d tentatively say no on the treats. We will definitely want to get it on high quality video, though. Iā€™d like to find someone who will serve as videographer for us.

Eric, did you ever find the other bumper to the fire truck?

I have the front bumper, Iā€™ll get it ready to paint

2 Likes

I couldnā€™t ever find one of the rear bumpers. I plan on being in tomorrow. If it doesnā€™t turn up Iā€™ll make a new one if I have time. I am hoping to get the rest of the lights installed first.

The white paint is for the bumpers and ladders and whatever other accessory stuff that we decide.

2 Likes

All the lights are installed except the red/ blue flashers on the roof.

The taillights are in but not firmly attached. They still need to be turned red somehow. :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™ve got you covered on the red tint for the taillights. I seem to keep missing all the folks who come in to work on the project. I get there, and someone has just left. Then I leave and someone else comes in to work on it. Conspiracy? Hmmmmā€¦

3 Likes

Event is up

https://www.facebook.com/events/338068790262192/

Here is a mock up of the frame that was discussed tonight that Jerry is working on. I did not take a measurement of the PVC that was mocked up, so it might be a bit oversized on the diameter. I donā€™t recall if it was 2" or 2.5(in rendering)

For anyone that is curios about the weight distribution. Rick and I put all of the accessories we could find in the correct spots. Lights, wheels, and batteries in the back. We balanced it on the 1inch foam block in the middle.

from the picture we missed a few parts, but it gave us a rough idea where things are at.

1 Like

@Malissa, the items you ordered for the costume are on the Textiles table, with the one exception that should be here in a few days.

The PVC that we have is 2 inch. Iā€™m thinking that 1.5 inch will fit inside that for when we split the truck. If so, then we can also use sections of 2 and 1.5 to connect the halves lower down as well. Does that make sense?

@David awesome will get it tomorrow

Weā€™re also looking for a videographer.
https://m.facebook.com/events/338068790262192?view=permalink&id=338069916928746

Make that a videographer. I ainā€™t doing no dancing.

1 Like

Who gave me receipts from Lowes and Ace Hardware on Sunday? I put them in my jacket pocket, but it appears I didnā€™t write down who handed them to me. Bulk fasteners and 1/4 inch something-or-other. Tom? Malissa?

Nope, not me.

The wheels are glued on. Once we have the velcro for the front wheels we can install them.

Not me either, maybe @ladeana