Logan's EPIC Magic Wheelchair Halloween!

I got some ‘Iron grip silicone adhesive’ and some ‘gorilla glue’. Both test strips are on my bench drying. I will have a report this afternoon.

1 Like

Okay both setup and held equally tightly. The white gorilla glue did setup the quickest and would be my choice. Both are silicone based. I will bring both down tomorrow. The wood shop has a class tonight. So I will not be there.

1 Like

If you’re getting good results with white Gorilla glue, that will work for me. Let me know where I can get some and I’ll pick up a gallon.

1 Like

We use Super 77 at work all the time without issue. Here’s how we do it spray both surfaces to be adhered, let dry for at least 1 min then press them together. I’ve had military drawings call for this on computer equipment cases.

I have been out of town the past couple meetings–Sorry! Do we still need the fittings in ceramic to mold plastic over? I will be at the next meeting but I will also be at the maker space during the day and most days before it gets dark from here on out, so I can get those made if they are still needed.

1 Like

Speaking of this week’s meeting, I won’t be able to join since I’ll be on a flight.

I did make some time this week to breadboard some the controls, including input buttons, most of the sound effects, and stepper motor control for the snorkel. It’s probably 90% done. Code is on github and on an Arduino in a small plastic container which I left in the project area with the flashers and other electronics.

I might miss the next meeting too for a different trip, but if someone can communicate what’s needed software-wise, I’m happy to contribute remotely or when I’m back in town.

If someone can/wants to pick it up from here, I’m ok with that too. Just be aware that pins 2-5 and 10-13 are used up by the audio shield, leaving pins 6-9 and the analog pins (but no PWM on pin 9).

Also, the software expects a file called T-OR-T.WAV, which isn’t on the SD card yet. There’s a dedicated button for this sound byte which is supposed to vocalize “trick or treat!” when pressed. I thought it might be fun if we recorded the volunteers saying it together. It might not sound very good, but I thought it might be fun to try and see at least.

1 Like

The body still has some work but it’s getting closer. I’m planning to round off some corners and sand it down smooth still. Next weekend we’ll be ready to foam coat and paint.

2 Likes

Is there a plan for a hood ornament?

There is going to be a lot going on on the front end of this thing. Not sure about a hood ornament though. I’m not sure if one would fit either.

I can see that.

@Christian, did you get the bubble blower motor actuation circuit running yesterday? I’m going to test some transistors tonight. If you haven’t gotten to the blower yet, I’d like to take a stab at it.

As promised last night, I brought some paint for “brass” parts. It is Krylon spray, and if needed I have a second can in my car. I also have in my car some brushable Ace brand, possibly more of an antique “brass”.

Mike B

Are we working on Logans chair tonight?

Yep. I’m shaping and sanding it right now. Getting it ready to foam coat.

1 Like

How long are going to be there?

Probably about 8

Hey, I have a sinus infection. I’m resting my body, I can’t afford to miss work. I had also scheduled people to pick up auction items during that time.

I may be a smidgen late. I will try and take care of the folks who come by for their auction items. Any idea how many I should expect and how late do I need to be there?

1 Like

They’re all on that front table I think there were 5 and I said between 6 and 8

It’s coming right along. 3 weeks left!

4 Likes