Help in textiles needed

Well, as most people know, my husband has had a stroke and my time and attention has to be focused there. I feel like there are enough of you quilters authorized on the Gammil, (and quilters always help each other) that I can ask for somebody among you to help me by stepping up to represent us at Maker Mondays and take on the authorization classes. So this is my big ask. Please respond if you can help me out with this for awhile. And thank you all for your good wishes.

6 Likes

I hope your husband is doing better, I have dealt with this both in a professional capacity and with family and I know the strain and effort this causes. My very best wishes to you and your husband, I hope you get the best result.

1 Like

Thank you so mich. You mentioned professionally. Do you have skills on the area?

1 Like

I worked in Brain Injury rehabilitation for several years, about 40% of our clients were stroke victims.

1 Like

Feel free to reach out to me if you want to and I am happy to share whatever knowledge i have that might be helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. I will. This is a whole new world.

1 Like

It is but from the little I have interacted with you you seem to be a very caring and competent person, that is a great bonus for your husband in this stiuation.

1 Like

Thank you. We are doing what we can. 24/7 monitoring is required and if rehab doesn’t have staff we will do as we did at the hospital during the strike.

1 Like

Hi June! I’m sorry to hear about your husband and I hope he is doing better as well. I can help with maker Mondays if needed. I spend a lot of my time in the textiles room during the days. I am familiar with the brother and serger machines. I have been waiting on an authorization class for the sailrite and other machines, so if someone can help me with that I would love that! :grin: Let me know if you need me there and I will be there!

1 Like

@Malissa - can you help with the remaining classes? Itvwoukd be great if Meghan could help us out with Textiles.

2 Likes

I’ll be there Monday night then! :grin:

1 Like

Thanks. I appreciate it.

June Huie

Huie BizTech Consulting
jhuie@huiebiztech.com

316-641-8635
Business and Technology Consulting for Today and into the Future

···

On Sun, Jul 2, 2023, 9:46 AM Meghan Anderson via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| manderson MakeICT Member
July 2 |

• | - |

I’ll be there Monday night then! :grin:

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like

I would love to help out but Ive never used a serger and need authorization on the leather machines. If someone can help with that I can help with Maker Mondays

4 Likes

I can do long arm authorizations. I’ve already had one person reach out.

3 Likes

That would be wonderful. I can’t be back for a while.

2 Likes

I can also do long arm authorizations. Sunday I will be at the site working on a quilt through the afternoon of anyone wants to drop in and see the long arm in action.

2 Likes

I have a meeting at 2 at Studio School might just drop by after to say hi

2 Likes

I feel I’m too new for any authorizations as I’m still figuring out the ins and outs of the Gammil. But I sure would be happy to help with Maker Mondays and anything else in the textile room that needs attention. I’m not authorized on the Serger but I have an identical one at home.

2 Likes

@ddunlap I can answer any questions you have if you want to drop by tomorrow.

2 Likes

Great! I’ve been wanting to meet you.

···

On Sat, Jul 8, 2023 at 3:15 PM Rayna Fisher via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| RFisher MakeICT Member
July 8 |

• | - |

@ddunlap I can answer any questions you have if you want to drop by tomorrow.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

1 Like