Gammill Long Arm Quilter

So it was the Delta. I’ve spent the last few weeks sleeping 18 hours a day, coughing, and so incredibly weak. I would get winded walking across my small house.
On the plus side, when I wasn’t sleeping, I had stamina to sew. All those hours just sitting there were actually rather helpful.
So I redesigned my quilt back. June made it very clear I needed to learn how to sew an even seam. And figure out how to press my fabric instead of all the wonky crossed lines of my quilt top.

What do y’all think?
June, are these seams an improvement? (Back of the quilt top for comparison)

2 Likes

That is pretty. Practice makes perfect. Look forward to you feeling better.

Practice makes progress. Nothing is ever going to be perfect, why set yourself up for the unobtainable.

1 Like

The fun is in the practice, the perfect is the the “happy” the end product. And I like her end product. It will be beautiful on the back of the quilt. Actually it will make it reversible. So pretty.

I’m Delta free! I can leave my house!
Gah! I want to finish up my quilt. And see the world again. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

6 Likes

I am not sure when I will next be there but Brian is authorized and Steve and Paula are close and Malissa can help too. I have a meeting tonight, and not sure about the rest of the week.

I think I would prefer to wait for you, if that’s ok.
No rush on my end. Just whenever, please

I will let you know when I will be there next and give you a much notice as possible.

I appreciate you

Thank you.

Ashley are you available tomorrow, Friday? Say from 2 to 5pm
We could work on your quilt.

That sounds great.
What all should I bring?

Bring all the quilt parts, top, batting and backing. If they are all pressed, we can put it right on the machine.

Alright. I’ll go in early to utilize the big table.
Thank you!!

My quilt has been loaded on the quilter, and I’m about halfway done quilting.
Could someone please be there to help me with the other half?
Mostly I mean to teach me how to fill a bobbin and load it, once this one runs out. And be there in case things go sideways.
Just let me know when. I’m so close to finally finishing!

Thank you!

1 Like

There is an extra blue bobbin there for you. It works lie other machines but the trick is how to make sure yo get started again. I know you can do it but, Paula or Brian, if you could be around to lend moral support it would be lovely. The quilt I’d coming along beautifully. We love it.

SOS!!
Could someone please help? I ran out of bobbin (the one June filled). I don’t know how to use the bobbin winder or how to rethread the machine.
I was going to watch some YouTube videos and figure it out, but I figured a community machine is not the best place to experiment with comprehension tasks.
I’m so stinking close to being done
Please help

1 Like

I’d help if I could but I’m in Vermont.
Try Steve or Paula or Malissa.

I could have sworn there was another partial bobbin in there. Apologies. I messed up. In anycase, I can get over to the space today after I finish at the Lord’s Diner about 1. We can finish it up. I will post when I am on the way. It looks great.

Sorry to be such a problem