1st Annual? MakeICT Cardboard Regatta

Not when it’s embedded in paint, attached to cardboard we’re planning to retrieve with the aforementioned plastic jug floatie.

1 Like

Okay, I could use some help…

1. Can someone design up flyers for the event? Two different groups have now asked for more info or ways to share the info.
  2. Clarification on identification: Santa Fe lake wants a way to designate what cars are there for the event (they are not concerned about tagging people) Can someone design up a dash plaque to go in the cars of people that come to the event?
1 Like

I would love to design both

2 Likes

Go for it!

They will be posted around Spirit as well as around MakeICT’s insurance company, and probably Augusta. Probably should post this on social media at some point too…

2 Likes

If you give me a few copies I have places to put them at work.

2 Likes

I just chuckled at the thought of car tags reading, “In case my other ride sinks.” :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

@squarenuts if you don’t get to it by Saturday let me know and I’ll knock them out

Will do Malissa

1 Like

just a quick idea while I was working on something else. We will need to keep our branding consistent across all platforms/media types so please make sure it can be edited to use on Social Media as well, Canva has this capability.

3 Likes

It’ll be this evening before I get a chance to sit with this… I love your concept and I’ll work with it if okay with you

2 Likes

I can make you a collaborator in Canva if you like.

I checked the Cardboard Regatta folder and there’s nothing there. Did you finish all the branding pieces @rustin.atkeisson requested? If so could you put them in the shared folder.

Will there be a charge or a way to register a team? Should the flier include rules?

Should it hang from the rearview mirror? Will we make and distribute or just provide a link for people to print on their own.

I wont be home from work til thr am sometime

I’m waiting on insurance to get me the certificate of insurance to determine price, but so far, we’re $0 into this. It’d be nice to not have to charge anyone, especially if it brings in some membership we wouldn’t normally see from the other events we’ve gone out to.

I hear we have a windmill press that can cut out ‘door hangers’ and a pretty artistic print screen shop lead, might be cool to see what comes out of that. :wink:

@squarenuts should I reschedule the prep meeting for Thursday night after the fundraising meeting?

2 Likes

I still think we would need a sign up to know how many teams to expect

We’re also 3 weeks away and that all depends on the number of colors and their availability.

For basic rear view mirror hangers, we can certainly die-cut them on the Windmill. Don’t have any inks yet, so we’d have to laser print or screen print the text. Since it’s a one-off event, that should be sufficient, I’d think.

I think I shared this before, but these are the rules for the cardboard regatta that we (Kansas Food Bank) participated in earlier this year. I’m neither here nor there on any of the rules, but throwing out there if it’s helpful.
Cardboard Regatta Rules.pdf (155.7 KB)

5 Likes

Thanks Patrick! I think I saw that before, but that is a nice refresher.

I am looking at using SignUpGenius to help with signups if we are able to avoid charging people for the event. When we talked with Spirit’s volunteer a month or two ago, they said that was the system they were using for events since it allowed for easy customization, was free, and it also makes it easy for anyone to find out who is signed up to help with the event.

I am setting the bar for success of the event as follows:

1. The event happens
  2. People have fun getting ready for and during the event
  3. We are able to document the process on the wiki so that other people can run events in the future and be able to anticipate hiccups and roadblocks better

They may seem like low bars, but reaching out to a city council to use an offsite park and working out the insurance seem like pretty major steps we haven’t dealt much with in the past.

5 Likes

Signup Genius is great. We use it for all kinds of 4-H and PTO events

2 Likes