1st Annual? MakeICT Cardboard Regatta

That sounds pretty impressive, and looks pretty nice.

I have not been down to Cheney personally, but it might be worth considering this as a location as well especially if they have a sailing crew interested in helping.

2 Likes
1 Like

How about glueing internal structural parts. Not to be used as an external water proofing agent.

No hlue, just duct tape!

2 Likes

Praise duct tape, its light and dark sides joining to hold the universe together.

3 Likes

Force Boat Regatta

Always wondered why obi wan didnt just use the force to pull off Vader’s robot parts in ep4

3 Likes

I misread that as “use the force to pull off Vader’s robot pants.” So then I’m thinking “that could work.”

2 Likes

When all y’all get good. You can go to Hastings, NE for the Kool-Aid Festival that has a big cardboard boat race :slight_smile:

1 Like

I found another rule that we might consider including:

1. Each boat must carry a closed gallon plastic jug (or PFD) with 15’ rope tether firmly secured to the vessel. Gallon jugs (or PFD) are to remain inside boat while racing, they are not to be used as floatation for the vessel. This is for use in locating and retrieving any sunken remains.
6 Likes

That’s an excellent idea, @Sherry !

2 Likes

Started a rules document and added this to it.

3 Likes

I got lost in the thread. Are we a go? :relaxed:

1 Like

We are waiting on permission from the city of Augusta. Their council meeting is Monday night.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I’m still waiting on an update from insurance, but Aaron Rivers and myself are planning on going to the Augusta city hall meeting this evening to get approval.

Also, sounds like there may be some Spirit employees interested in building their own boats for the event.

6 Likes

Augusta City Council has approved our Cardboard Regatta, and also waived the regular entry fees for participants and spectators.
We will need to provide some sort of identifying item, armbands were mentioned.

5 Likes

Not expensive $30 plus shipping for 100 with our logo. Custom Tyvek Wristbands | Full Color Imprint | Eventwristbands.com

5 Likes

Next question. Can we sprinkle glitter in the paint for decoration? Regular glitter, not spray and no glue involved. Annelise and I have a plan…

1 Like

Regular glitter? Isn’t that a source of micro plastic water pollution?

1 Like