Walkway progress in garden is excellent

Thank Jay Christensen, it’s his baby.

16 Likes

Looks awesome, great job on the walk way. I use to go out to the Flint Hills East of Augusta and gather lime stone rocks along the road. I was helping a friend build a rock path through her back yard. Tractors come through there grating the roads. There’s a nice limestone deposit that runs through there. Free rocks for the labor. Its been over a decade since I was out there. I remember the Windmills and a giant hill and a nice little creek.

3 Likes

Hey I popped out there tonight and it looks fantastic. I cant see the finished results, im sure it will help attract possible new membership to Makeict. I am curious who is putting up the fundage for this endeavor.

1 Like

I saw it tonight, too. I’m so excited! Jay is heading the project, I believe. I think donations are accepted. I think some sort of fundraising would be great!

3 Likes

im sure that will cover some of the expenses but this path being done is over the top. Ive seen Jay’s work and it’s topnotch. Im fairly sure he’s not going to charge anything for it and is putting a high amount of sweat equity into it. Im know im on the list to do a mosaic stone for it, of which is exciting as ive never done one before. When its done it needs to be used for promoting the space.

2 Likes

I totally agree! I’ve seen his work, too, and agree it’s amazing! I’m so thrilled and appreciative of his thoughtfulness and effort. I’m on the list for mosaic work, too. And I want to help fundraise for the project however I can. I support the project, Jay, and MakeICT. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Let me know if you can think of any other way I can help!

The date is set for Jay’s Mosaic Madness! Forecasted 82 degrees!!!

Put your mark on the mosaic centerpiece of MakeICT’s pleasure garden. (and be ready to get dirty!)

Saturday July 30 2022
9am-2pm

Food from Grillmaster and Garden Chair @SeanSandefur at 11

Come to add to the mosaic or come just to have a good time!

(It’s also on the calendar but I can’t seem to add a working link)

7 Likes

Because it’s part of the calendar the link would be the calendar. You can import MakeICT public calendar into your Google Calendar.

3 Likes

This event will continue as scheduled in the event of light rain.
Will update as the forecast develops

2 Likes

I like rain!

2 Likes

I want to come and contribute but I have a model casting that morning from 10-1 hopefully I can come by after.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to it. Seeing if we can get a pattern going through the different makers mosaics should be fun.

3 Likes

Super heckin’ stoked!

I will bring some snacks/beverages Saturday. :relaxed:

9 Likes

Update. Postponing the mosaic event 1 week to Saturday August 6th due to the high chance of rain tomorrow.

2 Likes

I’m only seeing a 40% chance. Would it make more sense to keep everything as is with the 8th as a fallback date? Worst case scenario if it does rain we could at least brainstorm who wants to play where and with what.

1 Like

I’m seeing an 80-90 percent chance throughout the hours of the event tomorrow.

1 Like

Jay asked me about it this morning, and it was a little bit of a tough call but Jay, Sean, and I made it together.
As for rain or storms tomorrow morning, my weather service says 70% and Jay’s says 90%, if it rains much overnight conditions may not be favorable to laying stone anyway.

3 Likes

@MAtherton Looking at the hourly forecast is showing 40%
Maybe we could still do a “dry run” tomorrow. At any rate the event complete with Sean’s delicious BBQ action will be August 6th.

2 Likes

Current NWS hourly forecast:

I just realized why it hasn’t really rained yet… I haven’t watered.

2 Likes