Updated Brochure Design

Here is the updated design for our tri-fold brochure. If you see anything that needs to be changed let me know. @Membership

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_4w6itLkKPgj9o18BibyNOCG5FLwUkb7/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Looks excellent! Over the next few days I’ll be taking some pictures of the space to updated website. If you want to replace some of the pictures let me know.

I think Spirit is still willing to print off 1,000 of these and fold them if we send them the file.

1 Like

So you want us to use the comment tool in the document if we see typos, or share them here in the discussion?

Either way works for me. I can also add any new photos once I receive them from Malissa before we take up Spirit on the offer to print them for us.

If we could change “Letter Press” to “Letterpress” that would be a good thing.

2 Likes

I love it!

No access to view

Anna - I think it’s a great first draft! :grinning:

Personal Pet Peeve

Every document like this needs to have a date / revision date on it somewhere. small text, bottom of the last page or the like: “Revised January 2021”

General Consistency

• MakeICT.org in one place, makeict.org in another, etc. They should all be the same.
  • Makerspace in one place, makerspace in another. Should be the same.

How to Join / Sign up for an Authorization Class

• Don’t know if it’s the Google previewer trying to render the PowerPoint file, but this section heading looks full justified while the rest are left justified.
  • In this section: change ‘class give’ to ‘class gives’, change ‘how the MakeICT’ to ‘how MakeICT’

How to Join / Sign up for New Member Orientation

• The last sentence just stops.

How to Join / Apply for a key

• Key should be capitalized in the title to be consistent with your other titles.
  • In this section: change ‘who have shown’ to ‘who have been shown’

Our Makerspace / Ceramics Studio

• The area is just called ‘Ceramics’
  • I would list: Electric kilns, pottery wheels, slab roller, extruder, and hand tools
  • I’ll leave it to the other area leads to review their areas on this page.
3 Likes

Thanks for the feed back Patrick. I’ve updated all the items in your list. I’ll wait to see if any leads what to update their area since I didn’t edit much in the area from what was already included with the original.

Anna, Thank You for the hard and tedious work of pulling this apart and putting it back together. It is the attention to details like this that make these things work.

John

I took pictures today where would be the best place to put them on the drive or elsewhere for you to access them?

I would say just pop them on the drive under communications so I can access them.

1 Like

finally was able to upload the images.

Hey @Malissa can you share the drive you put them in with me. I don’t see any images in any of the committee folders. Thanks.

Alright, I’ve finished up editing the photos and information on this brochure. If it is approved by the committee then we can get them printed.

A few nits to pick:

• The logo clearance needs to be fixed; there are images and text violating the required safe zone.
  • A sentence or two that clearly explains what MakeICT is would probably be very helpful for people that aren’t familiar with makerspaces. People often don’t have a clear grasp of what we are (a store, a fabrication business, a tool rental shop?).
  • The CNC mills that were in electronics are now part of Fab Lab
  • Probably no need to mention “dual operating system” in the description of the laptops; they are used almost exclusively in Windows, and when we re-image them they will likely be Windows-only.
  • The last items in the equipment lists on the second page are not done consistently; on the left-hand side they are listed with an ‘and’ and no comma, and on the right-hand side they are listed with a comma only, and the ceramics list has both.
  • The description of the key process makes it sound like the key application is still a separate process; unless I am mistaken, keys are handled as part of the orientation now.

Also, in the Electronics > Fablab, Fireball should be dropped from Fireball CNC and probably referred to as Small CNC Machines (Given multiple machines operational don’t currently include the Fireball unless that’s changed? )

One other thing I noticed was the spin caster on the front. That’s something had I not been around while it was being built I wouldn’t have recognized. Which got me thinking some more ‘action’ making might be a better choice. Looking at pictures, it might be good for a new metal shop picture (as it’s the old space), and move the existing one to the front, replacing the spin caster? Also, Picture of someone throwing on a wheel instead of tools on front for ceramics? (Yeah, I know most of us forget to document, let alone have ‘action’ shots in the middle of making.)

Ooo yea
I haven’t taken an opportunity to look at it yet, but we should avoid pics of the old space if possible. Always forward…forward always.

Oh, also in “Electronics lab” the L should be capitalized.