Thursday Night CNC

This is admittedly late notice, but the Thursday Night CNC gathering is basically canceled for tonight, Thursday, Nov 11. All of the normal people have other obligations tonight. If others do want to meet and talk about something, of course you may do so. But I did want to at least inform everyone of the situation.

So far as I know we will have a meeting next Thursday, Nov 18, and then I’d guess we’ll probably skip Thanksgiving night, Nov 25.

1 Like

I don’t think we have any of those…

4 Likes

@ssaner @SteveO @Jimmy Are you guys planning to meet tomorrow? I have a couple of machines I’m trying to finish up and thought it may be fun to do it in the class.

No, being Thanksgiving, we pulled it off the calendar. Would love to have you bring it in next week though, if that is not too late.

I’ll be out of town the following week. Will try in December.

@SteveO I got back early this week. You guys meeting?

I’m planning to be there. Not sure about others.

Is this week’s meeting on?

1 Like

Sorry Sean, yes we did meet. We ended up cutting some parts for the skateboard.

hello, will the Thursday Night CAD group be meeting this week?

Yes, we plan on being there. Do you have something you are needing help with?

I have something too

Thanks! I am wanting to get started on using a CAD package and want to get some advice on getting started. I have had a hobbyist license on Fusion 360 but couldn’t really get much done with it. Have heard that some recommend Onshape and would like to learn more about that. My sons and i have a few projects we would like to get going on and will likely be regulars at this meeting while we get up to speed on them.

Sounds like we have a good sized group coming in. All are welcome!

I’ll be showing up too and would like to show you guys how my project is progressing. And some of the issues I am working through.

strong text

1 Like

What time do we meet

Officially it starts at 6:30, but show up anytime.

I got a Raspberry Pi hexpod robot is there going to be anyone there who might be able to help me get it communicating with main board? I’m stuck

Not sure if @SeanReed knows anything about Raspberry Pi or not. I know @Christian will not be there tonight, he would be the one I know for sure could help you.

Thx I’ll shoot for another Thursday then appreciate the speedy reply!

@SeanReed just to let you know, Jimmy is apparently not going to be there tonight either. If that matters to you.