Skunkworks v2.0

There was an ATM started to collect and record cash payments to help the treasurer out. Don’t know what is going on with it but it’s parts are in electronics.

4 Likes

That would be useful to follow-up on, does anyone know who is/was in charge of that project?

1 Like

@David, David Springs I believe

1 Like

Most of the project was finished. It is currently sitting in ERP. The main thing that never got much work was the software.

2 Likes

Christian actually. It’s been in his mind lately since I threatened to program it to play “Henery VIII” till its done (and out of the lab)

Fir the younganz: https://g.co/kgs/bVqz1q

3 Likes

Just a heads up I’ve scheduled a meeting for 6pm 18th of January, a Wednesday. It should show up on the calendar once it’s been approved. Look forward to seeing everyone for some pie in the sky ideas :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It looks like i left it too late for this to make the calendar so i will be in lounge from 6 if anyone wants to turn up. I’ll make sure i schedule next one further out…i sort of lost track of the month :frowning:

1 Like

I apologies if I missed it in events emails. I went though this past weekend and tried to get all the outstanding stuff as far back as the End of December posted.

1 Like

Seen a job listing at spirit called skunkworks any correlation?

Not with me but could be same concept.

1 Like

Hey Brett,
Sorry we didn’t get this on the calendar last time. When do we want to try again?

2 Likes

I’m flat out this month so will try and plan a time once I know my schedule later this month.

1 Like

Cool.

1 Like

First Skunkworks project. Facilities has approved me to plaster/render the roof in the entrance where the tiles have been removed. As there is currently a moon painted in the very center recess i thought a space themed mural would be topical. Another suggestion was a zodiac seasons theme. I am seeking any artistic members who would like to paint the ceiling to offer concept drawings for consideration, i am sure with our multi talented membership we can come up wirh something to WOW our visitors. Let your brains get dangerous !!!

5 Likes

I think it’s great that that grey concrete is going to be covered up. I’ve been looking for grant money to illustrate our mission statement in that intersection, we should pay any artist that comes up with a concept.

“It’s our mission to innovate, learn, and build community at the intersection of art, technology, science, and culture.”

2 Likes

Bumping this … we need some ideas, submissions on this so the ceiling can be started. Mostly we need artists concepts of what to best showcase our space on that ceiling.

1 Like

I feel like I’m a broken record and the only one advocating for artist. We pay plummers, electricians, and accounts. We put out formal bids for their work but we don’t do the same for artist. Why is that?

3 Likes

Michelangelo signed his contract for the sistine chapel ceiling 'Michelangelo the sculptor '. Raphael would watch him paint all day, then do his own paintings by candlelight hence why his work is darker.

Also Leonardo Davinci and Michelangelo knew each other and would hurl insults at eachother from across the street. They hated eachother.

We should definitely consider paying artists to do art stuff. I mean we pay engineers to do engineer stuff.

2 Likes

I would be happy to see us fund an artist for future work, however this is an initial trial piece to see if this will work for the space. The agreement i made with the facilities committee is that I would personally fund this piece. If any artists wish to put a proposal to me on cost i am willing to consider it.

1 Like

I am not opposed to paying an artist, but we clearly can’t pay for everything. I don’t remember anyone paying facilities and those who helped out building the Welcome Center counter, and I don’t remember anyone complaining there.

2 Likes