Skunkworks v2.0

I’m happy to announce the formal launch of this concept at the space. I’m looking for all the wackiest, craziest and FUNEST ideas out there for interdisciplinary projects to work on as well as interested parties. Once i have a bank of possible ideas and people i will set a meeting date to decide on first project and how to go about it.
My 2 initial idea contributions
A gravity powered jousting ride
A redesigned wheelchair for Murderball

5 Likes

How about a Hovercraft parade float or a wheelchair that can navigate stairs (Warning: I have a million bad ideas and iittle building skill :wink: )

2 Likes

Water harvester.

Condenses water from the air and waters the garden.

···

On Sat, Dec 24, 2022, 15:47 LaDeana Dockery via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| ladeana Board Member & Classroom Management
December 24 |

• | - |

How about a Hovercraft parade float or a wheelchair that can navigate stairs (Warning: I have a million bad ideas and iittle building skill :wink:)

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

3 Likes

An A.I. controlled robotic cat that patrols the halls and will check in on members as they go about their work at the space.

2 Likes

Facial recognition at the doors to eliminate forgotten badge… Not that I have done that… Ever… Just sayin… :grimacing:

4 Likes

I already invented that. I called them clouds. I never really perfected the on-demand aspect though.

2 Likes

How about the AI robotic cat that makes sure people are closing windows, turning off lights and ac, locking doors, and turning down heaters when they leave? And the AI robotic cat should have the ability to taze them if they don’t.

6 Likes

Or an AI robotic cat that can detect open/unlocked doors and windows, lights on, etc., and then stand between the door and the people, hissing and growling menacingly till they go back and fix the issue. LOL

5 Likes

Love them all, keep it coming :grinning:

An army of robot vacs that clean the space at night and attack would-be robbers.

3 Likes

Robots that detect messy areas and clean up after people. (If we do this one, there is an Xprize in it for us.)

2 Likes

Maybe we can hack a Roomba?

4 Likes

For everyone interested in the Skunkworks is there a particular day/time that is best? I know we won’t be able to accommodate everyone’s availability but I’d like to make it as suitable as possible.

1 Like

I might be able to help out at the end of January.

A few of us have been looking into designing / building a monument to put a MakeICT sign on… A couple of us have gone through all the regulations for putting up a ‘sign’ and found out what we could do for the ‘monument’ underneath the sign.

We’re open to ideas and sketches. The main limitations are that it cannot have 110v power run to it (solar is okay), that it does not pose a safety hazard (i.e. a kid won’t walk away with more than a bruised forehead for running into it), and that it can be easily maintained. The other design consideration is that somewhere on the monument has to be a spot where we can afix a sign that says ‘MakeICT’. There have been notes made in the last two board meeting minutes about how to go about making this sign happen.

4 Likes

Sounds like a project :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is a 12" thick block of [material] with the makeict logo in bas relief considered a monument? If not, what is defined as such?

2 Likes

Can you give us access to those notes and some guidance on what the criteria? What are we trying to represent etc?

2 Likes

Is the idea to have more projects, or bigger/more involved projects?

What comes to my mind is some type of electromechanical arcade game:

• Pinball machine
  • Arcade-style basketball hoop
  • Punching bag machine
  • Grip strength tester
  • Skeeball

Depending on what we did, there would be a use for woodshop, metalshop, fablab, visual arts, electronics, and even textiles (namely for the target on the punching bag machine).

Whatever ends up being done, I’d be interested in an opportunity to contribute in the software/electronics domain.

5 Likes

The answer to your question is both. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, I’ll try to post more details on the sign in the next day or two.

3 Likes