Skeleclock v3

NAME YOUR PROJECT!
Skeleclock 3

What is it, and what does it do?
It’s a clock, and it does clock things, like telling time. He’ll also have red glowing eyes, a red glow heartbeat from the rib cage, and he might possibly tap his foot or chomp his jaws once per second for that nice tick, tick, tick sound.

why are you making it (optional)
I like making clocks. It reminds me that time will pass, no matter what else is going on in the world, whether pandemics or politics.

post some pictures, and/or build log that sucker RIGHT HERE!

update your post with it’s progress!
Okay, well, I made the frame in the metal shop quite a while back, and never got around to working on it when I was at MakeICT. Seems like something else always was more pressing. Future plans for Skeleclock 3 include setup via WiFi (phone), time updates via NTP, and I might add a motion sensor so he can be a little more interactive when someone walks by. There will also be a small 16x2 LCD display that will provide digital time, including seconds, and I might even add a temp/humidity sensor so I can display that, too. Lastly, I’ve got a small speaker, so setting alarms wouldn’t be too much more work. We’ll see. I plan to work on it until it feels finished.
4 Likes

This is too cool. So may possibilities. Is it run off an arduino? You electronics folks make it look easy! Its all black magic to me. I want to learn!

2 Likes

This one is running on an ESP8266. Similar to an Arduino, but it has some additional features, such as wifi. It can use the same language and Arduino’s development environment, though, so if you learn one, you’re well on your way to all of them.

2 Likes

Believe it or not, I FINALLY got it done. Here are some photos. You can also see a small timelapse video here:

5 Likes

“Tempus edax rerum” translates as “Time - Devourer of all things”