Re-MAKE ICT TUESDAYS

I will be there this evening. I do have a small trailer that I can bring.
Fox

1 Like

We are covered on trailers. Thank you. See you tonight!

1 Like

I can’t make it tonight but I will plan for next week!

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks Kim!

1 Like

Wow what a night!!! Thank you to all that came out! We started the evening with a orientation from Jai, tackled a few tasks ie loaded tree trimmings, cleared room #1 and removed the stage, loaded out lockers, TSP’d walls in prep for paint and epoxy. Small work groups were set up for further work and details discussed.

Next Re-make ICT scheduled for June 9 at 6pm. Please RSVP. paula.pankratz@makeict.org
Thank you in advance for your help!

3 Likes

Added to the calendar:
http://makeict.org/calendar

3 Likes

Reminder RE-MAKEICT is tomorrow 6-9pm!! Please let me know if you plan to be there. Thanks All!

2 Likes

Some of the projects we have for tonight at RE-MAKEICT:

1. Re-finishing the wood work and brass in the entry hallway (sanding, cleaning, poly)
  2. Sanding, Staining and Poly for two new door on the Fab Lab
  3. Cleaning the walls in the South hall and painting
2 Likes

We will remove the other lockers tonight.

It was quite an adventure getting them home last week.

3 Likes

I’ll be there for a while tonight. :+1:

2 Likes

I will be there…

2 Likes

Things are looking great at the Makerspace! It’s good to see things coming together - looking forward to playing a bit one of these days! Thanks to all that made it out tonight - you’re making it happen!

3 Likes

We had a great Tuesday and looking forward to tomorrow! Thank you to all who are helping move our project forward!
Wallis has been washing walls and epoxying areas behind water sources per CO requirements.
LADEANA, helping with wall prep.
ERIC primed the wall in the 1st woodshop
DAN worked at cleaning walls.
GARY primed the area behind the sink in the ceramic room.
WES, CATHY and DOUG installed the new white board in class room #3
JAI and ROY worked on refitting doors for the bathrooms to bring them up to ada standards.
…]() Uploading: 20200609_194326.heic… Uploading: 20200609_194238.heic…20200609_203112.heic (2.0 MB) 20200609_203022.heic (1.5 MB)

2 Likes

Reminder RE-MAKEICT TUESDAYS is tomorrow from 6-9pm. SEE YOU THERE!!!

1 Like

6 hours and counting to our volunteer night to Re-MakeICT. Lots of good stuff going on tonight. I hope y’all can come out. Please RSVP to Paula and bring a mask if you have it (we’ll have some to hand out to), clothes you don’t mind getting dirty, and your maker spirit!

3 Likes

Sorry I couldn’t make it tonight. Unexpected issues with my “puppy” and now she’s back in the cone of shame. I’ll be there next Tuesday for sure, if not sooner!

2 Likes

RE-MAKEICT Tuesday! June 23nd 6-9pm.

To help with planning, please RSVP.
Plan to wear your mask while in close proximity to others.

If Tuesdays are not good for you reach out and we’ll set up a second day.

Tasks:

1. Needing a truck and trailer to take a load to the dump.
    1a. Load trailer with debris from room #1
    1b. Remove 1 section of sheet rock to determine mold issue if any and load out debris.
    1c. Remove carpet and load out.

2. Paint last coat of epoxy in all required areas.

3. Finish door ways for bathrooms bringing them into compliance to Ada standards.

4. Finish cleaning walls in prep for primer and paint in North and East entry ways and South hallway.
    4a. Caulk as needed.
    4b. Clean all glass
    4c. Prime and paint.
    4d. Fix cracks in blonde brick.

5. Sand and refinish North and East entry way woodwork and polish brass hardware.
    5b. Clean up and paint exterior side of doorways.

6. Classrooms 1 and 2.
    6a. Remove old bulletin boards and adhesive.
    6b. Caulk all cracks and imperfections.
    6c. prep walls for primer and paint.
    6d. Prime and paint
    6e. Build/Hang white boards.
    6f. Build shelving in closets.
    6g. Hang removed ceiling lights. Check for function.

7. Recover accordion closet door systems in rooms 1, 3 and 5.

8. Make shade system for classroom windows in South hall.

9. Ongoing lawn maintenance.

This is a small portion of the work needing completed. Come strengthen our community and move us toward our goal of making MAKEICT at Booth our permanent home and a place to be proud of.

Thank you in advance!
Jai and Paula

4 Likes

I can come today to help.

2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed list! I’ll be down there tonight for sure. Let’s get this done!!!

2 Likes

I will be at the space, but at least part of my time will be spent counting votes :slight_smile:

3 Likes