Parking lot gravel

Trying to not derail the market thread any farther.

I am on the road this weekend and most of next week. I might be able to go get a ton of gravel tail end of next week, but with @ssaner offer to bring his loader out, maybe it would be better to wait until he can do that. Otoh, I don’t really want to wait until the last minute and you never know what the weather is going to do.

Thoughts?

@Facilities @Directors @mudbug @r3mm13

4 Likes

I have a dump trailer we can use. I can do 5 ton at a time. We can drive right over the holes a scoop it out.
I’d be glad to help. Those things wreck my car. Id be glad to pick up rock a day ahead of time.

What do you want out down? Limestone packs well or we could hunt down some asphalt millings.

4 Likes

Ok. You win! :rofl::rofl:

Y’all probably have fewer limitations schedule wise so have at it. If I’m around when you do it, I’ll come help.

From my understanding facilites was planning on filling them and we were working on budgeting things out. I would say get with them but i don’t forsee them refusing help. More hands make less work and it benefits everyone.

3 Likes

I have no expertise to offer in this area but I am just blown away by the ways each member wants to contribute to the betterment of the space, and before the market too. Thank you for making the suggestion to do this.

4 Likes

I’m not opposed to facilities doing so but the parking lot has been in a sorry state for months. I understand that there are processes and that everybody is a volunteer but things sometimes seem to move at a glacial speed unless there is a pressing need.

4 Likes

I’m down to help!

2 Likes

If you Make this happen you’re going on my Xmas list.

2 Likes

Trust me, i understand where you’re coming from. If I was sure i could just say “Do it” and not be wrapped up by a red tape monster i would.

Let me research a little more on what powers of president I actually have to make this happen.

2 Likes

The only winner here currently is those potholes. They are in that bad location too where you’re looking into your spot and BOING!

3 Likes

Added section for documentation: https://wiki.makeict.org/wiki/Parking#Pothole_Repair

Little update. Facilities is scheduling next week to fill the pot holes, no specific date yet. When it gets finalized ill post a notice of when so people will be aware.

5 Likes

For the record, Facilities was planning on doing it earlier, but it was decided that it should wait until after the roof was done so it didn’t just get torn right back up. Sorry for the delay and the lack of communication.

3 Likes

Sorry, that sounded harsh. I was just letting you know why it was not done. Thanks for all of the efforts and the generosity of those who volunteered to help.

6 Likes

Micro Update: Funds were allocated. Still working on a good date for the work.

2 Likes

Any update? It’s not getting better on its own?

4 Likes

Dang I was really hoping they’d be fixed before the market. I thought we were on a timeline like that.

Facilities is there ANY way we can help?

3 Likes

What exactly is the holdup? Couple of weeks ago there were multiple hands in the air to help out with it. Facility said we’re going to do it this week. Then they said there’s a plan to do it and then nothing? I understand again that all of us are volunteers and that there are processes to work through but what gives? I think there are still people willing to help out. Let’s get this done!

3 Likes

I actually have all next week off work, so I can certainly help out. Whether that means helping with the potholes themselves or jumping in to assist with the painting in order to free up @Facilities to work their magic, I’m available!

3 Likes

Facilities has told me that the parking lot will be done on Wednesday of this week.

5 Likes