MakeICT Cosplay Fashion Show OMG

4 Likes

@Malissa @Kez

2 Likes

One thing I love about @Malissa is she brings the experience. :smile:

And I say that while hating when she says “Oh, we tried that and it didn’t work because_____.” Even worse is when she says “Oh we tried that and you weren’t part of it.” :sweat_smile: Oof! Yep, called out. In the nicest way possible.

But the elections thing is making it clear that there’s actually a lot more interest in committees and fundraising events than it seemed, so maybe this will put some more energy behind all of that?

I even had this weird thought last night of us making clothes and then holding a fashion show, with all of the models being MakeICT members. Yes, that was after a couple of beers. But it’s a good idea!

(And here’s where Malissa comes in and says “We already did that.” :smiley: Which I know they did, but I’m not sure if it was MakeICT models. Or whether beer was involved.)

5 Likes

Actually, we had a model call for ICT Fashion Tour, so no we haven’t tried that. I’m all for fashion and maybe some beer, but I don’t want to deal with tipsy models. Beer before the runway is mighty risky, beer after the runway is mighty good. Cosplay Fashion show at Makeict would be the BOMB.

4 Likes

Cosplay fashion show sounds fun! Let’s do it!!

This has now spun off into something else, shall we/someone make a new thread? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The only way I’m getting on a runway is with whisky!

5 Likes

I made no comment about whisky.

3 Likes

After elections are over, I am seriously interested in helping with something like this, but very uninterested in heading it up. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

All Peeps Who Are Interested, shall we have an interest/planning meeting sometime late July? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Would this be a good thing to do at the December Maker Market or in the Spring? May 4th?

3 Likes

December!! Cuz less chance of overheating…in my opinion :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Whisky’s never risky :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I do believe you just signed up to be a model!

4 Likes

If nothing else that sounds like something that could be fun opportunity for some morale and to show off some of the creativity that make ICT brings to Wichita.

Perhaps we don’t necessarily charge for admission to the event but instead have vendors or sell clothing.
And if any non-member makers would like to participate perhaps we charge a very small entrance fee for them?

I have seen a couple of pieces made by bvarious makers Melissa included they are quite spectacular!

3 Likes

If we do it at the Maker’s Market in December I propose we do it in the tent on the sidewalk With the castle entrance so we have room in the building for vendors. @ScottS would the Sisters like to join us or would that be an inappropriate ask?

3 Likes

Could we just add this to the Maker Market Meetings and not add another one?

2 Likes

I’m pre-hyped for this!

4 Likes

Since you and Jeremy have been fairly consistent in attendance and you both spoke up here. I figured it was the path of least resistance to get it done.

4 Likes

… the last cosplay i did was a while back as Tenzin. I’m hyped for this to happen but I’d definitely have to find something that i could keep the hair with.

5 Likes

That makes sense to me.

5 Likes

You spelled SEW wrong

6 Likes