Logan's EPIC Magic Wheelchair Halloween!

This is going to be entirely too cool. Just gotta say. How COOL!

1 Like

Thanks @pwhutchi!

@jcarpenter81 let me know if you have any questions about building the PVC structure for this design. Im not entirely sure the best way to figure out attachment points but I did come up with a possible “adjustable attachment point” idea that might work.

If someone can come up with a design. I can make screens and print or we might convince @Mlujan or @devin to print them for us.

I’m a machine. I just need input and I’ll output.

2 Likes

Do you have a general weight number you want to stay under?
is it going to all foam construction, or foam over a frame of some sort?

There was talk of PVC. is that for starting of a frame or mock up of the wheelchair?

Yes I think Jerry is leading the charge on the frame and doing it in PVC, possibly reinforced with metal rods on the inside. It’s ultimately up to him though. Then we are doing the body panels in foam, i’m still trying to decide the type. I’d really like to see what that Cora foam is like.

David made us a link to collect Donations:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=9JHZZP68QDHNQ

Here are my photos, just for reference. Erik, you are welcome to post your versions as well.

You da man. I can provide the t-shirts if someone can do the design. Everyone on the team, please let me know what size shirt you wish to wear. Everyone else – if you’d like a t-shirt, we’ll be happy to make one for you, as well. Not sure of the price, yet, but it will be reasonable, and any profit will go to doing EPIC wheelchair builds :slight_smile:

It is late and I am going to bed… Someone please confirm my math.

28in -27.5in = 0.5in. that does not look like 1/2 inch between wheel and top of armrest. It looks more like 2-3in

I probably wrote the wrong dimension for the wheel. I expect it is 24.5, not 27.5. I’ll dig out my notes, but the actual dimension of the wheel should not make a significant difference. Further, we expect that at least Dom and I will be back down there at some point to confirm.

So I’m told that the ideal coating for sculpted foam is called, surprisingly, Foamcoat. It is available right down the street from Theatrical Services. @ladeana , would you be interested in contacting them?

1 Like

Info on Foamcoat is available here.

I’m wondering if this would be a really good basis for the bubble snorkel.

2 Likes

i will be at the space tomorrow… i will try to remember to swing by

Did you see the slotted PVC pipe I left at the space?

True, the wheel diameter will not make much difference. I was just trying to take the information that has been noted and put it to scale to very how things fit together, and to validate the number noted so far.

I LOVE this style for the bubble snorkel - just needs a little paint to match the rest of the fire engine design. Something with a top-loading (or just not bottom-loading) design (if such a thing exists) would be better though. At work right now, so I can’t shop myself, but I really like the way this one looks

I thought maybe we could add secondary controls, so that the “trigger” could be activated remotely, by either Logan or his attendant. I agree, it gets us a long way towards a complete snorkel, and the design is such that the bubbles are generated at the end of the barrel, rather than trying to force bubbles through a tube.

Yes, this is also what I envisioned. Simple toys like these should be very hackable, so a remote switch oughta be no problem.