Is there Arbortech Turbo Plane tool in the woodshop?

I seen a project on youtube and they used the Turbo Plane to make waves in wood. Is there something like this?

That’s not something I’m familiar with. Sorry.

Wow I watched the videos… that is an interesting looking device.

In case anyone is wondering, the cost is $149. It attaches to a standard 4.5" handheld grinder. I’d love to see us have one, so if Doug decides to fundraise to get one, I’m in for $20. That leaves $129 to go.

I’m also good for $20

I’m good for $20

Might I suggest talking to the Big Tool Store? Or contacting Arbortech to see if they’d work a deal on their products?

It also looks like there is a $20 version called power wood carving blades. Not sure what to make of those, but I’d be willing to bet they aren’t tempered the same way as the Arbortechs.

Also, don’t forget to add in the cost of a designated grinder.

I see “Might I suggest…” but my brain keeps telling me “Rusty’s in for $20, too! Yay!” :wink:

2 Likes

Where do I drop the $ cash the dough @?

Just put it in an envelope and write what it’s for on the outside, then drop it in the payment box to the right of the 3D printers. There should be plenty of blank envelopes.

1 Like

OK will do

I have two of them. The turbo and the one with 3 round indexable inserts. Also the one with chain saw type teeth . Now let me add a word of caution, dangerous as all get out. You better have your sh#t together.

2 Likes

Jerry,

Would you be willing to give us a little demonstration sometime? And perhaps some tips on minimizing risk?

1 Like

Sure, I can bring all three down. Are you thinking anytime but a maker night?

1 Like

Can’t be 11th thru 16th.

1 Like

Let’s find a time the wood shop isn’t open that’s also convenient for you. Then anyone who wants to see can just show up. Does that work for you?

2 Likes

Sometime the week of 17th. Evening say after 6. Free class "How not to lose a finger or screw up a $140 dollar cutter. I’ll leave it up to Jerome for what works best. It creates a mess.

3 Likes

Make clean up part of tthe class

2 Likes

I’ll be ready any day you’re to teach.

We will do the class/demo one June 19th at 6:00 PM. Bring your good safty glass with side shields.

1 Like