I would like to donate some stained glass tools

I have a few stained glass tools I would like to remove from my garage to make room for other stuff. I have one of the water-lubricated grinders, some simple cutters, and a tool caddy. If anyone is interested, either for themselves or the space, please let me know.

6 Likes

Do you have pictures? Depending on space Jewelry Lab might want to have a go at them.

1 Like

I assume the main thing of value is the grinder. The red “tray” shown is a little tray on wheels that the grinder sits on.

2 Likes

the grinder is the more expensive of the tools - the plastic “pliers” are running pliers for making strips - the hammer is helpful for building pieces with lead came. Looks as if you might have some flux, oil for glass cutter and some started project - which someone could finish, adapt, or tear apart and use the bits…looks like a nice haul for someone!

1 Like

Stained glass would be a great addition to the space!

1 Like

I think it’d be worthwhile. There is already glass panes for fusing in jewelry lab so this isn’t to far out. Do we have anyone that knows how to work stained glass and would be willing to teach other’s how?

PLEASE DO DONATE! I JUST bought a grinder and other tools from Amazon! What a coincidence! I have a few hundred mirrors to cut and grind pencil edges on to.

There is a cart in classroom 3 (?) of stained glass materials… is that MakeICT’s? I didn’t think it was so I ordered stuff.

2 Likes

Hi Brad,
Excellent! I am on vacation until January 3rd, so I am very flexible on schedule. I would be glad to bring it to MakeICT and leave it, drop it at your house, whatever works for you. I live near MacArthur and Hoover, picking up here is an option also.

Feel free to call or text me at 316-650-5411.

When I get time available I can help teach a class for glass.

7 Likes

There is a procedure for accepting equipment donations but I could definitely find room for it in jewelry lab since we have at least a couple of members that seem game.

Unless Brad just wants to snatch them up. I’ve been a little slow on the draw on this one.

3 Likes

I am OK either way, and of course I will follow any procedure required (once I know what it is).

I accepted some stain glass supplies over the summer and they are in the far left corner by the windows in the closet area, last time I checked.

2 Likes

@marnold Just a reminder, if you do donate any items, please get with @AnnaD or at least e-mail inventory@makeict.org and fill out the donation form so they can account for the donation.

Thanks for your Generosity!

4 Likes

Some stained glass supplies are on a cart in room 1.

I drove down to Mike’s and picked everything up. I’ll lay the items out and post a picture here then add them to that cart with the other stained glass stuff!

Again, don’t forget what @SteveO said above:

Thanks Mike!

4 Likes

Also @Saga was talking about maybe doing a stained glass class the other day…

3 Likes

It would be so awesome if there was a monthly stain glass class at makeict. I would definitely be interested!

2 Likes

There seems to be much interest in getting stained glass going. As such, MakeICT should get the donation! If I need to use the items, I can access them just like anyone else.

2 Likes

I would like to teach a stained glass class. Maybe we can talk at the next Maker Monday? I am new to MakeICT, but I suggested teaching a glass during my MakeICT orientation class. Please let me know!

1 Like

I should be there in the jewelry lab, feel free to come by and we’ll brainstorm.

1 Like