Help Us Raise Funds to Open the Building - Membership Drive Live on Indiegogo Till Midnight on Halloween

We talked about this very point at length. Short story, and honestly I feel like a broken record, yes we need the money now. Yes, we are, in part, kicking the debt down the line but our control for that is the limited nature of the offering. If we don’t get this money now then we won’t be able to open and then it really won’t matter what happens in five years.

3 Likes

So far we’ve just got 26 membership pledges of varying lengths via the campaign. Even if it’s double that by the end of the campaign, it’s nowhere near the over 150 memberships we’ve lost since the start of this awful year. While this sort of pre-paid membership campaign does rob the future, these numbers aren’t remotely enough to negatively impact our financial future.

@jpalschauhan is absolutely right, we must get this support now so we can open and regrow our membership or we’ll fail.

We just need 13 more people to pledge for a five year membership and we’ll be funded and can move forward.

We can do this!!!

3 Likes

Once open I anticipate we will have a lot more options for funding besides membership such as classes, rental rooms for parties, and new member sign up from those waiting to have an open facility.
WE GOT THIS !!

2 Likes

61%

63%

Only 5 days to go! It is a bargain! You won’t have to worry about an increase in membership for up to 5 years (and we have a bargain-basement price right now…)

2 Likes

Are we talking about raising membership prices? I was under the impression that this was not going to happen!

1 Like

In 5 years I would expect the price to rise at least once… we have ridiculously low prices :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s not a “low price” because we’re not selling a product or service (except for some classes, but that’s different than dues). It’s membership dues to support and better-participate in a community. The low cost drives higher volume, and one shouldn’t expect that raising dues will raise revenue unless you are certain you can accurately predict how many members will drop as a result and that those losses will be made up for by the remaining members paying more. Personally, I doubt there’s much room, if any, for us to raise dues without it costing us more total revenue.

4 Likes

I agree, that’s why it’s very important to have 1,3,and 5 year goals, good book keeping, and be actively making partnerships with other non-profits. So that we can tap grant funding when we need it and have other income streams beyond membership.

2 Likes

I think we should get a big bump in membership once we get open. I expect that to take care of the increase in cost. We keep the membership costs down by having 0 costs for labor.
However, I expect that electricity, internet, water, trash, and other costs we cannot control will go up over time. I would be astonished if, in 5 years time, we can offer the same service for the same price. ( I would be delighted of course, but very astonished!)

1 Like

That is true, as the cost of things increases, its plausible we may have to increase dues. However, the board gains nothing by raising dues.

That’s important to understand.

None of us get paid. So if we raise the dues, it’s not because the board is greedy and wants more money for themselves.

In fact they have to pay those dues too.

So it’s super beneficial for them to keep the dues low.

3 Likes

2/3 funded

Ad ended 10% engagement is really good

I will be boosting this post tomorrow and need more organic engagement before boosting so like and share If you have the time.

Raising dues may have to happen. This is a significantly larger building with more associated cost. However, a rise in dues will not occur without careful thought and modeling to insure that the rise is in response to demand. Join us for a finance committee meeting if you’re interested in joining this discussion.

2 Likes

Noticed this wasn’t on r/Wichita. So if you are a redditor upvote for visibility!

https://www.reddit.com/r/wichita/comments/jirdz8/makeict_is_reopening_and_has_awesome_offers_on/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

3 Likes

Umm… novice redditor here… Upvote is in the upper left corner and is an arrow?

1 Like

Mine look like candy corn right now

72% funded

1 Like