Gammill Long Arm Quilter

We will be back in Textiles tonight no later than 7 but probably before.

Eeek. I think I accidentally turned off notifications. Sorry! I wasn’t purposely ignoring.
Ugh. I’m awful at this type of communication. :frowning:

Also. I’m going to buy new batting, and I figured since I was headed to the shops, I may as well get thread for quilting the top. What kind/brand/size/color/etc/idk do you recommend?

I’d like to reserve the Gammill on Friday July 9th from 9am to 5 pm to try quilting a real one. Please confirm that its available and reservable .

1 Like

Ashley, if you’re free Friday and I get the reservation, you’re welcome to stop by.

1 Like

Am I to assume that no reply means I’m good to go tomorrow? And if something is already on the frame I can remove it and proceed?

1 Like

I’m certainly not ready to use the machine yet!
Lol. So as far as I’m concerned, have at it

My first quilt on the makerspace Gammill

8 Likes

Apologies to everybody, but my account was messed up in my google set up. I think I have it fixed now. Too many devices with apparently slightly different settings.

Running a little but will be there shortly if anybody is waiting.

Is anyone using the Gammill tomorrow Saturday July 23? If not it’s likely I will. I have 3 to work on.
June, let me know if you’re available sometime too. I may want to play with rulers on one of them.

1 Like

Normally I am at the space on Saturdays, but not today. Going to the art museum today. See you all Monday or Tuesday night

Quilted 2 and oiled when I was finished. I need advice on third one. May try to get in Monday.

1 Like

Picture please let see that quilted goodness.

@aletha409 Ashley … I know you have another thread going on regarding depression, and I didn’t want this comment to get lost in that discussion. I just wanted to add this, your quilt will look beautiful when it is complete. At that point, you will be able to look at it and take pride in the work you did. PLEASE come in and Brian and June will be happy to continue to coach you through finishing it. So much work has already been done on it, and in the little time that it has been at the space, it has already started to transform itself. You owe it to yourself, and that special someone to finish it.

Just my 2-cents worth, but please know that we are here to help support you.

1 Like

@Brian June says you are going to be the one to certify me on the machine. Let me know when would be a good time to meet up. I am free most any evening and on the weekend.

1 Like

News to me but I’m game (and still a little green). No point in waiting so how about tomorrow (Tuesday August 3rd.)? I’m happily unemployed so lots of availability on my end as well. When June and I did it we spent close to 3 hours so how early can you be there 4-6pm? Do you have a test piece in mind or will we need to make one? You are welcome to call me at 316-866-1798 if necessary. I’ll find the check out PDF June used with me and email it to you as well.

1 Like

I must have missed the other conversations. Your quilt is waiting for you to come and love it to completion. You are truly talented in color and concept. Both Brian and I would love to help you realize the potential in your quilt.

1 Like

Thank you. I am trying to figure things out. I know I need to get in and finish it. Or even start to finish it.
I guess just tell me a time, and I will force myself to show up?
Sorry to put the onus on you all.
:frowning:

1 Like

LOL, Steve jumped the gun a little but … I will be traveling at the end of September though much of the end of the year and candidly told Steve that I thought you had the aptitude and skill to do great things with the machine. I would love for you to share in responsibility for the Gammil and take over managing the Quilt machine. I also suggested that you could be the one to certify him if you were not ready before I left. But. anytime is wonderful. Glad to have your help. I know you guys will have a great time working through it. Brian and I did.