Forge committee sign up list

We are getting a lot of people expressing interest in building forges so I’m starting a list of people to form a committee. Once we get to 5 or more names I will reach out to all of you to arrange a meeting time to start the process. Please leave name and available times below.

3 Likes

I was already starting to piece together bits of the gas forge in metal shop so I’m in.

1 Like

Unfortunately back in Australia for the time being but more than happy and interested to help where I can. Let’s bash hot metal!!!

1 Like

Ok. I’d be interested

1 Like

I’m in. Best nights for me are Monday, 1st & 3rd Tuesday’s & Wednesday’s (just not the 3rd Wed of the month).

1 Like

Four volunteers in one evening. Sounds like we are on to something. Anyone else? We need five to form the committee

1 Like

If all four of us claim split personalities thats eight at least. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

The OP makes 5

I was counting myself in that 4. Brett is in Australia so I don’t see him making many meetings :slight_smile: not that he isn’t still welcome at all of them. We did make the joke at the Garden opening yesterday that we have to have Malissa because Malissa has to be in every committee :wink:

2 Likes

No no no, no more committees for me. Though my son has been melting small pieces of metal with my kitchen torch but he’s only 13. No one ever said google meetings wasn’t a option. Just find a time that convenient for all.

But if you do need an extra set of eyes and ears for a short period to make sure this committee starts with a solid foundation. I’m in.

1 Like

Olp someone got ahold of moms phone!

Put me on the list instead.

1 Like

Would a electric Cermaics kiln work for a forage heating system?

I don’t think we want to heat forage. That might start a fire! :stuck_out_tongue::rofl:

Had to go back and edit that twice because my phone thought we wanted to hear footage and I guess associated night with fire.

2 Likes

I don’t know. Depends on how hot it can get?

I think I’ve seen that. Electric kiln forge.

Also inductive forges are on the table with a James on the committee

1 Like

It would be nice to have a forge where we could set the temp and do a thorough annealing of something.

Well if no one else wants to chair this I’m willing to just until we get our poop in a group.

Send me the days / times that works for you, I’ll set up a meeting. Send me all your availability so that we have the best chance of intermingling.

For that meeting there are some things you need to be able to tell me.

Types of forges with advantages and disadvantages of each.

What we want out of a forge (I know 'heat’s but what will we use it fer)

I will warn you, we currently have zero budget to support this, and no budget in the foreseeable future. But at least we can see what a path forward would look like.

Since you are probably the best to ask, is there any rule against members of the committee ‘footing the bill’ for the project?

No. The garden committee paid for almost all of the things in the garden that weren’t donated. It counts as a donation to MakeICT to that specific committee

1 Like