FabLab-ulous collaboration with Woodshop

Hey XRunner… this is the best opportunity to learn… I am sure Brad would help you …

2 Likes

@xrunner you know I’m more than happy to help ya with whatever you need to be successful!

@squarenuts as you know, I got the files and they’re printing now in FabLab! #dustcollection

As soon as we verify fit, I’ll print some spare parts for future use.

3 Likes

lol - not really looking to learn. I only took the class since I’d been asked to be a lead.

Is there anyone out there that likes lasers & 3d printing that wants to be a lead?

2 Likes

@xrunner It’s with a heavy heart that I hearted your last post. But I can certainly understand.

1 Like

I’m willing to stay on for another year as long as everyone understands what I can/can’t do. There are other people that have stepped up to fill the gaps but if there’s someone else that wants to be a lead I encourage them to speak up. :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ll keep an eye out for someone! In the meantime, don’t hesitate to reach out for assistance! We’ll keep that 3D Printing/FabLab Group going that @Gemma championed bringing back as a way to help!

1 Like

Two plates of spaghetti! Going to have to give the print bed a light dusting of hairspray and try again…

3 Likes

Thanks Brad!
Out of curiosity, could we modify the flile with a wider sacrificial flange or lip at ghe base just so it has more purchase? (Innocent question, I’m wholly unversed at 3d printing)

1 Like

Yeah, totally can do a brim… and that will DEFINITELY work. To be 100% honest, I’m always looking for an excuse to bust out the AquaNet.

1 Like

Awesome, “'Net it up Scottie”.

1 Like

sigh… no, I’ll let the 80s go and put a brim. I’ll pop in around lunchtime.

2 Likes

I assume this is the shop nation design.

I would also be willing to give it a try, if needed?

I just built the mk4 and have been enjoying printing shop projects, just finished a set of router inserts.

1 Like

Nice. I should say that there are definite print needs the Woodshop will continue to have. Router inserts, andbandsaw table inserts among them. But also things in the works. There is a semi universal dust collection hose connector that I would like to outfit for all the hand tools that have dust collection ports, sanders, routers, the kreg jig, the track saw, and others.
Thank you @bradcozine , @BrianD , and the FabLab for stepping up to help us out!!!

1 Like

Actually it’s from BenchtopWoodworks (also on etsy)
I’ve looked at a lot of aftermarket designs and this one “looked like” (very unscientific) it picked up a lot more dust than the shop nation design.

1 Like

3 Likes

@bradcozine
I’m brimming with excitement!

1 Like

@xrunner How would you like some fancier doors?
A little sturdier, with guides on the bottom, handles that call to be used as sliders (I still try to open them like swing doors!), and FabLab themed relief carving.
I would like to do this for you :slight_smile:
And other projects too.
Oh, and next Maker Monday I hope to get the dust collector off of our shared wall!

2 Likes

Well, who doesn’t like fancy doors?
If it’s something you’d really like to do then I’m certainly not going to turn them down as long as they have decent sized windows.

3 Likes

Is this where you wanted the Bosch employee to speak up? **cough cough, is this thing on?**:rofl:

As a Bosch employee, I’d say have at it! I think they look awesome! Besides, I don’t work for the power tools or consumer goods division so it doesn’t affect me in the least (as is evident by our hodge podge of power tools in the garage).

Sometimes aftermarket makes more sense then German precision engineering and everything in metric. Glad Brad and the fablab folks could help!

Now to Google other homegrown power tool accessories that I didn’t think I needed…

Im interested but may be moving or travelling more. I did the intro to 3D prunting a year ago and have only bern in to watch since then.

Im open to helping or again, just coming in to watch and learn.

1 Like