Elections/Garden Party

Kombucha is a probiotic drink, a fermented tea and generally some kind of fruit is added for flavor. It is very flavorful, fizzy and super good, but could be considered an acquired rate. Also, you don’t want to drink a large amount esp. at first, it’s great for gut bacteria but too much could give you an upset tummy.
Please see above in regards to soda and water, I forgot to tag you.

3 Likes

I make kombucha every week too but I don’t add any fruit and I don’t bother with making it so it’s fizzy. That should take an extra step of bottling it with a tiny bit of extra sugar to cause the fizziness. It’s just the fermented combination of teas and sugar. I use a batch fermenter so I can draw enough out once a week (approximately a gallon of finished kombucha) to last all week, then make a new batch of sweetened tea to start the process again so it’s ready the following week. The taste varies from week to week but sometimes it has a tiny bit of sweetness to it and most of the time it’s somewhat similar to sauerkraut juice or sour pickle juice.

4 Likes

I haven’t got a Bento card either… sigh. I’m sure the treasurer just has too much to do…

2 Likes

I will check for dinnerware when I get to the space and buy some if we need it. That will keep me from having to make a dish. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s awesome you have your system down. Do you feel it’s significantly improved your health or energy since you started this process? I prefer my kombucha with fruit so it’s a bit sweeter, but I absolutely LOVE to drink pickle juice and I’m a huge sauerkraut fan, as well. My husbands family have their own recipes and I’m addicted. It would be fun to do a class on fermenting foods, and perhaps canning this summer. If there’s enough interest. :blush:

3 Likes

I left a large box of paper plates, cups and silverware in the break room after the last party. I can also check to see if it’s there this evening.

2 Likes

I’ve been wanting to grow the kumbacha mushroom but not for tea. It makes a great vegan leather. There are several different recipes online. Now I’ve gone off topic.

I can start a new thread if theirs interest in this.

3 Likes

You know I’m down for a fermented foods thread!

3 Likes

April, I’ve been making kombucha for over five years. That’s not a terribly long time, but I really haven’t changed anything since I started. I’m not sure, since I can’t compare what it would be like if I hadn’t been drinking it, but I do feel sure it helps with gut health. I haven’t really noticed any difference in energy but I feel I’m relatively healthy for a 67 year-old. LOL Sometimes my kombucha is sour enough to give a person a bit of pucker power but most of the time it isn’t that way. I’m not really sure what’s different from week to week other than temperature. The tea I use is a mixture of five different kinds of tea, so there could be a difference there as to how much of each is in each batch. I love sauerkraut too. I tried making it once but I let it ferment too long and it got too soft to be enjoyable.

···

jetmakr56@hotmail.com???

From: noreply=talk.makeict.org@mg.makeict.org noreply=talk.makeict.org@mg.makeict.org on behalf of April Schlenker via MakeICT Forum noreply@talk.makeict.org
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2023 4:00 PM
To: jetmakr56@hotmail.com jetmakr56@hotmail.com
Subject: [MakeICT] Elections/Garden Party

GrapeApe MakeICT Member
June 15

That’s awesome you have your system down. Do you feel it’s significantly improved your health or energy since you started this process? I prefer my kombucha with fruit so it’s a bit sweeter, but I absolutely LOVE to drink pickle juice and I’m a huge sauerkraut fan, as well. My husbands family have their own recipes and I’m addicted. It would be fun to do a class on fermenting foods, and perhaps canning this summer. If there’s enough interest. :blush:

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

2 Likes

I agree, a fermenting thread would be good. And sorry for going off-topic with my messages.

2 Likes

Happy to continue this conversation in another thread!

2 Likes

Your bento card has been order :blush:

4 Likes

Could I get one too please?

3 Likes

Thank you Ben.

I didn’t realize you didn’t have the bento card thing.

What would you say is enough prior notice?

1 Like

Thank you,

2 Likes

Looks like we were out of paper plates, so I got some. I also bought some silverware… we probably had enough… but if we run out we are eating like barbarians.

6 Likes

Oh my gosh! I came to stock soda and water this evening and completely forgot to look! If there’s anything else needed, lmk. I can pick up ice tomorrow if needed, as well.

4 Likes

You guys are all awesome!!! Thank you!!!

4 Likes

Planning to bring salad, paper bowls, and beer if that’s permissible.

4 Likes

We are bringing a unique pasta salad from the Cajun Chefs recipes. It’s super good, “I gar-on-tee!”
If anything else is needed, please lmk!

3 Likes