Elections/Garden Party

It’s very exciting to see so many people already running for the board positions! Gaye Caine’s efforts to recruit folks is really paying off - great work, Gaye!

I’m hoping to get to know everyone more in the next few weeks - hopefully we see everyone post candidate profiles to introduce themselves.

Garden is also throwing a party Saturday evening June 17 in the courtyard and we were thinking it would be a great chance for folks to come out and meet the candidates! What say everyone? @rustin.atkeisson @deanday @GCaine @MAtherton @mindy500 @NicoleR @tonyreid (it won’t let me tag all of the candidates in a single post)

8 Likes

@BrettfromOz @Jesse @michelle @Pinbot @ladeana

5 Likes

Yeah im down. Sounds like a good time for hand kissing and shaking babies.

6 Likes

Looking forward to filling out questionnaire when it gets sent to me…or someone points me to where it is.

3 Likes

Hey Brett, I just copied and pasted the questions from last year and created my own thread in the leadership section of the forum. Feel free to copy the questions from there😊

3 Likes

What time are you thinking of having this on the 17th?

2 Likes

I have created the profile posts for all accepted nominations. Candiates are encouraged to do as Nichole did and copy the questions from Elections - Questions - MakeICT Wiki, and post your answers on your page.

7 Likes

This is a great idea, I will unfortunately be out of town over that timeframe.

1 Like

We’ll start about 6pm, I’ll bring pulled pork, andnit can be a potluck. @Ben.rogers how about using some of the budget the welcome center has for parties for ice and drinks?

3 Likes

I have plans for throwing a welcome party soon. Was going to invite makers to come out, welcome newer members and bring something cool to show off. I’ve also been brewing some kombucha to share​:grin:. Was planning on making fresh homemade cookies​:grin::grin:. Wasn’t planning on spending any makeICT party money though. I could bring some of the booch and leave it in the kitchen for your party? Also, we have an ice maker, maybe we could save up some ice?

4 Likes

I think it’s a good idea to start stockpiling ice from the icemaker.

4 Likes

Are we still doing this on Saturday? I don’t see it on the calendar.

2 Likes

Yes! Thanks for catching that oversight. It’s on the calendar now!

4 Likes

Heyo @Ben.rogers ,
Could you explain why we can’t use welcome budget money for drinks and ice for the upcoming garden party/meet the candidates shindig? It seems like this party would fall inline with what it was budgeted for, but maybe I’m misunderstanding something? And I would imagine it wouldn’t take much money so you would still have money for the welcome party you were talking about doing.
Thanks!

3 Likes

Yes, there are a couple reasons why the party fund isn’t very feasible for the garden party:

I have asked several times for my bento card. I should have automatically been assigned one when I was assigned an area. I do have plans for the welcome area once I have access to the funds.

There was also very little notice of the upcoming party. Generally we try to plan events more in advance to help organize volunteers and supplies.

There was also no budget. There was mention of soda and ice. We have soda in the fridge for sale and we have a cooler size hole in the freezer and an ice maker. Not sure if anyone started saving ice yet?

I did offer to bring some homemade kombucha, but never heard back from Sherry.

2 Likes

Between writing the weekly class emails, social media, and working on the newsletter, and working in the garden every free moment, I can barely remember to rehydrate let alone add saving ice. Where is there room for a cooler in the freezer? Certainly not the ones sitting in the breakroom. The drinks can absolutely come from our stock but do we have to charge for them? We only need like 2 bags of ice. You didn’t ask for a budget….$10 would cover two large bags easily.

I don’t know what kombucha is……

Is the breakroom stocked with paper plates, silverware and cups?

The only party I’ve seen planned further out was the anniversary event. What sort of timeline for planning does the welcome center need?

Gary got all of the Bento cards for us back in April. Your email would have come from Bento then. Maybe check your junk folder?

2 Likes

Hmmmm. I have asked a few times I am have not recieved a bento card for the Textile department. Thought I would get one when the budget was approved, but I have not see one yet.

I LOVE kombucha. I just wish I was able to be there, but I will In Hutchinson for Salt City Pride.

2 Likes

Check with Gary, check your email/junk folders. The sender was listed as “Bento for Business” when my email came. He got cards for everyone, expanded the number the space has so each department gets a different card even if you are lead for more than one.

2 Likes

Thank you, I will try again.

3 Likes

I don’t mind donating some of the soda and water for the party. I have not been reimbursed yet. Lmk.

3 Likes