Ceramics future

I feel we need a meeting in the ceramics department for anyone interested. This is not intended to be a rehash of the past, it is to look forward at what we need to keep the area successful. I have neither the skill nor inclination to be a lead, just would like to get interested parties in the same room to figure out where to go from here. Suggesting Monday July 17th at 6:30 pm.

8 Likes

This is a great idea! We have one person that has volunteered to help pug clay, if anyone else is interested please reach out this is a huge job for just one person.

5 Likes

@ladeana can you please add this to the calendar.

3 Likes

Actually we had talked at one point of using a committee system instead of a single lead for the areas. Maybe this is a good time to try it for ceramics.

5 Likes

I love that idea!!! There is just some much to do in ceramics: run the kiln, pug clay, buy clay and glaze, run meetings, keep the space organized and clean, 30 day rule, ceramics authorization. I bet there are still things I’m missing.

6 Likes

I have added an event to the calendar. Right now it is an hour long and I took the title and text from this thread. If you need that to be different… just tell me an I will fix it. I added Nicole and Tony to the event.

2 Likes

I will plan to be there.

That could easily be the result of this meeting. Feel free to attend and let your ideas be known

1 Like

Closing topic due to duplication. Please continue the discussion at Ceramics future meeting