Ceramics future meeting

feel we need a meeting in the ceramics department for anyone interested. This is not intended to be a rehash of the past, it is to look forward at what we need to keep the area successful. I have neither the skill nor inclination to be a lead, just would like to get interested parties in the same room to figure out where to go from here. Suggesting Monday July 17th at 6:30 pm.

5 Likes

This has been “cross-posted” in the General category.

3 Likes

I’m unable to attend anything ceramic related until I get back from vacation. I’ll pitch in when/where I can when I get back. Good Luck!!!

3 Likes

Does someone know how to train people on the wheel and willing to teach a class? We have someone asking from outside the makerspace.

1 Like

I can do a one on one

4 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

I would be interested in learning how to pug clay as well. I still need to do a few more runs with Bisque and glaze kilning. I’ll try to make it to the meeting.

5 Likes

I would also be interested in learning this!

2 Likes

@ScottS, @szackula, or @Kez might be willing to teach the pug mill part.

2 Likes

Ummm, :rofl::rofl:, hold the horses.

Um, I can teach how to sort resistors or solder, maybe even explain Ohm’s law, but my expertise in ceramics is pretty limited to “that looks like mud” and “that looks like more mud but a different color,” or “mud can be fun to play in and with…” :rofl::rofl:

So, maybe not me. Maybe @ScottS @mindy500 or @Nidhi can help with the pug thing. But not me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

I’m not authorized on the pug mill.

3 Likes

My kid and I came to the scheduled Ceramics Tuesday event this evening, hoping we could get authorization to use the room, but no one showed up. I was thought it might happen since it was on the calendar the day after the Ceramics Future meeting.

Is there someone who could do a peer authorization to walk me through the area’s “green ware goes here, pay for clay there, here’s how we clean the space after we’ve thrown” kind of details?

Ceramics was a big goal of mine when joining this month, and I’m running out of summer break before I have to go back to work :man_teacher:.

Thanks!

6 Likes

Unfortunately there has been a change in leadership for the ceramics areas lately. I am not a lead in the area but simply an interested member that would be more than willing to explain the ceramics areas to you, would you be available on Wednesday after 4:30 for a tour and explanation of the ceramics area?

7 Likes

I missed this reply until now. Sorry about that! Unfortunately this afternoon won’t work, but maybe if there’s a time that is free that you and @Casebui (from the Ceramic Newbie post) and I could all get together and accomplish two intros at once.

I’m basically free most any time and day, but I made plans this morning with the kiddos for this afternoon.

Edit: Also, thank you so much for volunteering, I really appreciate it!

4 Likes

Per my reply to Ceramic Newbie. I can get you taken care of if you come in in the next 2 hours (and probably the 3 hours after that but no promises).

5 Likes

Russ got me taken care of! Thanks everyone

5 Likes

Me too! Thanks again!

4 Likes

Thank you Russell!!!

2 Likes