Bury 2020

Grab something 3d printed… so they can see ancient technology… someone got like an old pi?

1 Like

We definitely want to throw in our most recent printed materials. Likely that will be the brochures Kim did when we were on East Douglas. There were some in the cabinets in the office 'round about April, but I have no idea whether that stuff has been organized/culled/trashed/stored somewhere.

1 Like

@kim could toss in an ICTRock. We got anyone who makes resin art?

Yeah it would totally be like china painting was in the '20’s

1 Like

Were do we bring items to bury

1 Like

@Paula or @jpalschauhan, is there somewhere that members can drop off their items for the time capsules?

Find an empty box and label it, let’s collect them in the ERP lab.

I have the usb stick but I don’t have it loaded yet.

1 Like

yes. Let’s designate one of the cabinets in the office entry area.

1 Like

Hey, folks. We’ve got one week left, and still have very little for the time capsules. So let’s do this, as well. Would you write a letter to your future self, a relative or friend in the future, or “to whom it may concern?”

Tell them about MakeICT as it is now, and as it has been since you joined. Share your expectations for the future. Make predictions and prognostications!

Once you’ve written your letter(s), tell me which capsule(s) you’d like to put them into. Write any special instructions on the outside of the envelope. Remember to bring them to MakeICT. Leave them in the office, marked “TIME CAPSULE”.

How many will be willing to do this?

David

1 Like

I will bring my stuff bon Monday or Tuesday I keep forgetting to bring it with me. We’re doing a 10, 20, and 30 year capsule?

I’ve got a thumbdrive with the latest snapshot of wikipedia.

1 Like

I got a letter made for 2030 capsule

1 Like

if I vacuum bag it can i bring a twinkie for each capsule as a experiment ?

1 Like

Absolutely!

2 Likes

The plan is 5, 10, 25, and 50. When we open the 5 year capsule in 2025, we may decide to do something additional or different.

2 Likes

I like it few in our likely lifetime and then 25 and 50 as quarterly centennial

1 Like

Could someone add these events to our calendar? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Time Capsule Opening - December 30, 2025 @ 7PM
Time Capsule Opening - December 30, 2030 @ 7PM
Time Capsule Opening - December 30, 2045 @ 7PM
Time Capsule Opening - December 30, 2070 @ 7PM

1 Like

Did not see the time capsule box so I stuck it on top of the glass showcase inside welcome center

1 Like

I will when I do my weekly task time later today.

1 Like

I’d like to personally ask each past President if they would include at least a note in our time capsule. The contents are up to you, and can come sealed, so nobody will read it until the capsule is opened. I’d love to see your personal take on what MakeICT is all about. How about it @james.a.seymour, @dom, @Logan, @kim? Who am I missing?

How about founding members, too? I know of @dom, @james.a.seymour, @TomM, @whyameye…who am I missing here?

3 Likes