Booth open for work

We will try to post here when Booth will be open for help to come work. Today it will be open from 1-6 for sorting organizing and pricing garage sale items

I am going to open the doors for some of the folks at 2pm today (11/18). They will probably be there for 4-5 hours. I think they said they would be there until 7pm, but I would check if you are going late…4 hours yesterday pooped me out.

(I won’t be there but I think Terasel and Angel will be at least.

1 Like

I plan on Being at Booth at 945 to open up but have to be at North High at 1015. I can be back at noon if help is needed but will have to go if they call about my car. I will be checking here to see who’s coming

Anyone available to help @ammejia99 at Booth today? At @rustin.atkeisson would like to know so he can open the building if needed.

I plan on eating my lunch at Booth today at 11:15ish. I’ll be there for about 30min for those willing to help today.

I’m willing to grab Subway for anyone that confirms they’ll be there in that time.

1 Like

I will be dropping off some wire pulled out of storage last night at 1500 for use in the near future. Probably about 1.

1 Like

Thanks John.

James stopped by during lunch to investigate the plumbing a bit more, but no one else showed up, so the building is locked up again.

We did get all the clothes destined for goodwill loaded up in my Jeep, and took a cart load of carpet to the dumpsters.

John Withers and I will be up there at 7pm this evening to see if we can get the room with all the construction stuff cleaned up a bit more. If anyone else wants to swing by to help, they are more than welcome to.

2 Likes

I’ll come help.

2 Likes

Definitely a big THANK YOU to Susan for all of her help tonight! We cleared out all the carpet to the dumpster, moved shelves and started setting up the room while making a major dent in the piles in the hallway!

4 Likes

FYI, I will be letting some people into booth from 1 to possibly 3 pm today. For those that want to get an early start on sorting/pricing/prepping for the garage sale next weekend, they are welcome to come join us.

1 Like

Your welcome, Russ. It turned kinda spooky with that wind last night. Woowee!

No kidding, the leaves brushing up against doorways, creeking noises and thunks from the restrooms, and random screeches…

We did check to make sure the place wasn’t built on top of a cemetery before we moved in right?

3 Likes

I think James checked for the existence of anything like that with Patrick looking over his shoulder!

1 Like

YOU ONLY MOVED THE HEADSTONES!

Should we have a few different religions bless and cleanse?

A Preist, a witch, and a Buddhist monk walk into a haunted school…

1 Like

We were sworn to secrecy by the voices in our heads.

1 Like

I will be at Booth at 10 am to open

One of the first things I’d like to see done is to take down the wall that segregates the East-West wall (west end) from the intersection/office area. It is the wall with the :door: door in it, between room 7 and 8, or just West of the boiler room of when things get done, so I’d like to have consensus on it from our construction :construction: people first, so don’t :racing_car: race over there and make a mess until you get the :+1: go-ahead, but there is a hand sledgehammer & full-sized sledgehammer :hammer_and_pick: , and some pry bars now in the maintenance shop. I’ve also left a small socket set, some screwdrivers, and a few miscellaneous other tools there. They aren’t Snap-On quality sockets, but at least we have a few hand tools :toolbox: to work with over there in a pinch, and I’m not going to cry :sob: if a ratchet gets busted or something. But please treat them with care and return them to their :toolbox: proper place if you use them.

John, Mark, Ken, Patrick, everyone…can we get that wall down now? I mean completely gone as if it had never been put up, with what materials that can be salvaged put away and everything else properly disposed of. And the hallway :broom: swept so well that nobody can tell the wall ever existed. We’ve got a lot of volunteer makers ready to get to work, and I’d like to start supplying that work as soon as possible. I’d also like to see an ordered list of things our volunteers can do (depending on ability/talent/skill set), keeping more on the list than can be done before it is updated so there’s always something to make progress on. For example:

• Replace broken window panes
  • Remove wall/door barrier to West end of East-West hallway
  • Remove thermostat covers, clean any corroded battery terminals and install new batteries
  • Remove fiber tiles from hallway ceilings
  • Install small screening fence :eye: to block view of dumpster :eye: from street (We need to determine placement first.
  • Move pool table to lounge :dart: :ping_pong::jigsaw::video_game:
  • Take inventory of what’s in the building (chairs, tables, sound equipment…everything)
  • etc

Our volunteers can start on the list, get the work done (or make progress), and record their volunteer hours. I see that we’re going to be having people volunteering just about every day of the week :spiral_calendar: , starting very soon, so we need to make sure that we’re organized. There are a whole lot of moving parts to this machine (buying/rezoning/replat/occupancy/ADA/preparation/moving), and we need to make sure it runs like clockwork :alarm_clock: rather than a Three Stooges short. :clown_face:

Having said that, there’s a genuine 80’s boom box :radio: in the lounge. Feel free to :ear: listen to :musical_note: music :notes: while you :man_mechanic::woman_mechanic::man_factory_worker::woman_factory_worker::construction_worker_man::construction_worker_woman: work…just grab it and drag it down wherever in the building you happen to be working. I’ll bring down the automatic :massage_man: massage :massage_woman: chair in the next few days for those who work too hard, and we’ll get the pinball machine and jukebox up and running as time allows. Let’s have fun, be careful, take lots of pictures (trust me, you’ll be glad you have them in a few years), get organized, and get stuff done so we can enjoy our new digs! And THANK YOU!

2 Likes

David

The Wall has been on BMWG list due to Fire Safety Issues (exit requirements). Before the Garage Sale is goal. Window replacement has been there as well.

You mentioned the Screening Fence last week and I put that down.

Thermostats, check out is now on my list.

The pool table cannot be moved without taking it apart. That requires trained billiards techs. If we have one in membership, great. If not the Board should authorize a Billiards Company to quote the cost and authorize the payment.

2 Likes

David,

Can you set up Events for BMWG on the Calendar for Dec 4, 11, 18 5:30 - 7:30 that way they will get pulled to Facebook.

After that we can re-evaluate for January. Skip Christmas and New Years Eve.

I can do that, you want it on FB as well? I can do that also.