A designated place to Sell our items

This type of event should be another income stream for MakeICT. I’d be happy to reach out to them for advice, Bluegenie is partially owned by one of my friends from Austin.

1 Like

I’m game I already thought we were supposed to donate 20% anyhow in addition to sale area maybe we could do a showcase to display item temporarily so members and/or public can see what kinna stuff we can make but might not want to sell just yet or ever…

1 Like

How about converting the Trophy Case and the Display boxes from the office in the new Building as a start. Later other places could be added.

3 Likes

Are we going to use the glass display cases in our front area, move them to the new building? Is there a place for them?

If not I’d love to post them on eBay for a local delivery sale, I bet we could get a LOT for them!

3 Likes

I’d like to see as much of the existing display areas at Booth be used for maker projects. One thing we are bad at is showing off possibilities. Sale items need to be in locked showcases. We’re looking at a lot more traffic at Booth than we have at 1500, and every single place in the building is more isolated. I just can’t see putting merchandise out anywhere without a lock on it, especially as we grow.

3 Likes

I know Thursdays is the hottest day for garage sales fri sat close 2nd but sundays not so much due to ppl getting ready for Monday
Not sure if this would work the same or not.

The Trophy Case across from the office can be easily locked. The boxes open to to office with glass on the outside would not be hard to equip with locks. There are 3 alcoves on the halls with sinks, or one removed drinking fountain. Shelves and a lockig front could be installed.

One display case could be located in the hall west of the Maint Room. That short hall will have minimal traffic, even on a busy time. Another could be in the Lounge or Co-working.

3 Likes

I would like to see us reuse the shelving that we are removing from the classroom and build some showcases in the hall for displaying the art. Just a thought.

2 Likes

I hope to have some of my prints hanging down the halls too If that’s doable.

3 Likes

We should install a hanging system

2 Likes

I’ve got several folks to nominate!

1 Like

There is the strips on the wall in the hallways perfect for your items Erik.

1 Like

“I’ve got several folks to nominate!”

That got darker faster than I expected

3 Likes

james.

okay so… can I ebay the glass cases in our coworking space now?

• yeah Kim! sell them, new space doesn’t need them!
  • no Kim settle down let’s move those heavy things to booth

0 voters

1 Like

I think we aim to keep them from what it looked like in this thread. I don’t know what was discussed elsewhere.

1 Like

They might be nice lined up along one end of the room in the co-working area to show off people’s work. It’s a huge room otherwise. My 2¢.

4 Likes

kim,

Do you think this is not workable?

1 Like

We removed shelves from the new welding space to night, and saved it. @doug.wilson Does this sound workable to you. The wood in those shelves appears to be mostly sound. It has a heavy finish on it. to look like Maple. Probably pine under it. Nominal 1 inch material.

4 Likes

And don’t rig the votes with phrasing.

1 Like

I like the idea of building display cases into the alcoves of the hallways and also using the glass case in the front office to share our wares. I think upright cases would contribute to the overall fresh, clean and inviting space that is enjoyable to work in. While I think the old cases have served us well, they do tend to be counter top clutter magnets. Our move is the time to be selective and make sure the pieces we elect to take with us fit our over all plan. My vote, is to sell them.

3 Likes