2022 Growing Season!

Hello all,

Aaron and I met for a short time last night to get some ideas down on paper regarding our committee and our future plans. Please see the below Google Doc for minutes. Part of this meeting was to discuss a rental/lease agreement and rules for future bed rentals. You’ll see a repurposed agreement from Wyandotte that gives us a start. I welcome any feedback. We also briefly discussed what we’d like to accomplish over the winter before our next growing season. You’ll see that list. Please add to it as you’d like.

Lastly, we need to figure out a good a meeting time. During the offseason, I think it would be good to meet every two weeks or so (virtually). I’m pretty open, so I’ll defer to you all for ideas. Last year, we met on Sunday nights. I’d prefer either Tuesday or Wednesday nights.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1crj0kLakxWjx5Rqpv6N9njfp6cqXKgotuXfN4W5mE3k/edit

2 Likes

Bump.

@ScottS @mikeb @Souvuelle @squarenuts

I have a pile of leaves that were picked up with a leaf vacuum that grinds the leaves some. If anyone wants them for mulch or to add organic matter to the garden, you are welcome to come get them. They are not bagged.

Hello all,

I think it would be good to meet after the holidays and begin preparing for our next growing season. Please let me know what dates and times work for everyone. I’m happy to create virtual meetings for this purpose. We have a lot to talk about!

1 Like

Hello. I am a new member and interested in the garden committee. I noticed there is a meeting scheduled for the 27th on the calendar. Is this meeting still happening. May I attend to observe and get information about the committee?

1 Like

HI Jen! That’s great to hear that you’re interested. We’re no longer meeting on Mondays. I’m currently working with the Garden Committee in order to come up with a recurring date and time to meet. I will post here whenever I have that info available. For the time being, we’re going to meet virtually via Teams or Google Hangout. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

Sounds good. I will look for updates. Thank you!

1 Like

I don’t have an easily described schedule. On any particular day of week I have commitments that are at different times. And, for any given time of day I have days that are committed.

If others have specific day/time suggestions, then I could say yes or no on availability.

So, I will wait for specific details for everyone else’s schedules then answer. It wouldn’t be the worst thing ever for the committee to continue without me. The Maker Monday scheduling wasn’t ever going to work well for me, and my absence didn’t seem to be noticed much.

Mike

The calendar has a Garden Committee meeting for 12/27/21…. Is this still happening?

I was told to remove it and forgot to.

1 Like

Hello all!

We’re going to meet on Tuesday, January 4th at 7PM via video conference. @ScottS, check your emails–I had sent out an email about this. Hopefully I have your current email address. Also, there was a woman who attended one of our meetings a couple of months ago who was eager to join our committee. Do you remember her name?

@JenCabala - I just wanted to tag you so you see this.

@Malissa - Can you please place this on the calendar and have it repeat once every two weeks?

l’ll provide a Microsoft Teams link as we get closer to the date. It’s a web-based conference call and you can access it via phone or computer

1 Like

If I don’t get to it soon hopefully @Events will

Great. Thank you. I should be able to attend. Look forward to learning more.

Hi all,

I (and I think Aaron) will be in attendance in-person tonight. Feel free to head up to Make if you can. I will also take my laptop for anyone wanting to join virtually. The Teams meeting link is below. Note: I will need to let you into the meeting, so don’t fret if it doesn’t automatically connect.

Thanks!

Sean

Microsoft Teams meeting

Join on your computer or mobile app

Click here to join the meeting

Learn More | Meeting options

I added this to the calendar. Would you be okay with using Google Meet instead in the future? We can set it up to automatically create meeting links in the calendar event.

1 Like

No problem. Thanks for doing this.

I’ve been playing around in Photoshop and bought some veggie clipart for our very own garden logo. Maybe I can add this to our rental agreement, but I want to be cognizant of any official rules we have regarding the logo as well as your thoughts.

2 Likes

I hate to be “that guy,” but I’m pretty sure that doesn’t meet the acceptable use requirements for our logo.

https://wiki.makeict.org/wiki/Logo_and_branding

1 Like

It is rather cute though…

2 Likes

Yeah, I figured this would probably come up and I appreciate you pointing it out. Not sure who I need to talk to about this for approval. Maybe it falls under the below category? I don’t want to ruffle any feathers.

With all these rules, how are you supposed to have any fun?! Well, it’s worth pointing out that these rules are just for official MakeICT branded materials that appear in print and web, signage, etc., where it is important for the logo to be on display in a clear and consistent manner. Following the rules strengthens your brand recognition. But that doesn’t mean your members can’t have fun with it, and you can’t break the rules yourself in special circumstances. Is it an outline if you make it out of wire or neon lights? Or is it a forbidden special effect to route the logo out of a giant slab of wood or cut it out of foam or print it in 3D? That’s a stretch, to police the logo’s use in all situations, so don’t take it too far. Use your best judgment.