Yard signs

I have an idea I want to put out and see what others think. Would you pay for a yard sign that said
"I’m a member of MakeICT. MakeICT.org " ? If we had about 50-100 of these we could eventually rotate them through member’s neighborhoods. I think it would cost about $10 per sign or less. Thoughts?

I want to pay for a sign
  • Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

It would be cooler if we made them…

3 Likes

check with your local Republican or Demcratic party to see if they have any “leftovers” that could be repurposed for free…

2 Likes

Not that it would be a bad idea. But, if we couldn’t justify spending money so members could buy t-shirts a couple of months ago, how would this be a better use of our limited funds?

I’m way more likely to pay attention to what a person is promoting by wearing a shirt than what they have in their yard for several reasons.

On the other hand, if we had agreeable businesses that would purchase signs for resale to their customers and put them up in their own space, that would be someone else carrying the cost of inventory, instead of us. It would require way more legwork to do, but it wouldn’t take long to find out if it is a viable plan. Bike Walk Wichita did that years ago, so not an idea I thought up.

Mike

4 Likes

It occurs to me that if Groover Labs and/or GoCreate wanted to join with us a promotion along the lines of “Maker Spaces Make Communities Better” with logos and URLs could work for yard/store signs.

2 Likes

Print on demand platforms such as printify are used to sell custom merch on demand and dropshipped. They offer everything from custom printed phone cases to beach towels and virtually any printable product. There are several print on demand places.

Their platforms integrate with most website building platforms such as WordPress. You setup the product on printify (if that’s the one you chose) then you paste the code into your shop page. So makeict’s “merch page” is populated with printify products. All custom prices, descriptions, etc. Makeict would need to also install and manage a cart (woo commerce). All orders that come through are automatically sent to the 3rd party printer upon payment recieved, they’ll print and dropship the order direct to the customer. Returns are not accepted, all sales are final unless fault was with incorrect size or manufacturer defect. Quality is not a reason for returns. Not sure that’s a can of worms makeict wants to deal with. But it would probably be more effective to have all different types of printed swag.

These print on demand platforms are made for everyone, but are primarily for those with a following. Youtubers, influencers, lclubs, etc. It’s more expensive than going out and getting 100 screenprints done, but is not limited in color options and has a wide range of products with no up front cost.

1 Like

Do they have to be yard signs my vehicle sits in my driveway.

My MakeICT vinyl shows up pretty good.
Just have to refrain from using any perfected English while driving as this makes me an ambassador to MakeICT.

1 Like