Yard cleanup

Hey there makers,

I started on reclaiming the side walk from the weeds this evening.

Most of the sidewalk and curb along mt. Vernon are edged and weed eated… But I ran out of weed eater string so there’s still a small chunk of curb that needs to be done.

Also, I got maybe half of the other side walk edged, so that is gonna take some effort.

If someone wants to help but doesn’t know how to use the equipment, please let me know. I don’t have a problem showing people how to use the edger, weed eater, or lawn mower.

Lastly, if someone feels up for it in one of the next mornings, I would be very grateful if someone took care of mowing.

9 Likes

Check out the pegboard by the riding mower in the garage - I hung two rolls of weedeater string on it - with luck it can be used

3 Likes

I know, I was using that as an excuse to call it a night. :wink:

1 Like

I do understand

What size is the string? I got rid of one of mine and the new one of course uses a different size so I have most of a spool.

1 Like

I think the yellow stuff is .095, and we have plenty of string at MakeICT.

I just ran out of string on my weed eater and the energy to refill the spool.

…what I could really use is an extra set of hands helping to edge and weed eat this weekend.

Well… I guess mowing tomorrow morning is out with all this rain.

I’m still planning to be up there tomorrow, but my plan will be to focus on edging and weed eating instead.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the help today! (Brian, Andrew, Joe and Steve)

Everything is weed eated, edge’s, and mowed!

Though, to keep the yard from getting this rough again, would anyone be opposed to putting up a dry erase board / mowing sign up thing outside of the maintenance/print room? Kinda like the one that use to be in room 3.

4 Likes

Let’s do it! Need someone to coordinate please!

There is now a sign up board hung up outside the maintenance room (for the time being). The board is setup for 3 people to help take care of the lawn each weekend, but that does not necessarily mean that person has to do that 1 task the whole time.

I’ve gone ahead and signed myself up to take care of mowing this weekend, but there are still 11 spots left for the next 4 weeks (hopefully we don’t have to mow before the 4th of July)

5 Likes

Big thank you to Mendoza and Steve for mowing and weed eating today!

I was not expecting the yard to be half way mowed when I got there at 8:30am!

You guys rock!

4 Likes

Big thanks again to Brian for taking care of the mowing this week!

The grounds are definitely looking better with a more routine mowing schedule!

Also, it’s taking a lot less time to weed eat everything on a week to week basis. It took me about 4hrs to hit every last week (and 2 refuels and 1 respool), and about 45 minutes this evening (almost finished without refueling despite starting on 3/4 of a tank)

(Adding @d673mendoza - we will still need to find someone to mow next weekend… And someone else to weed eat :wink: )

…also, we need to refill one of the 5 gallon gas cans in the big yellow cabinet)

2 Likes

Put me down to mow. Look to get up there on the 16th.

3 Likes

I can edge and trim Saturday morning: the 17th

3 Likes

Where is this white board located?

Also, the 2nd edger is back from the shop, as well as a blower; the craftsman trimmer is the only one I couldn’t get started and still working on getting the trimmer head assembly part for it.

1 Like

You all are awesome and your hard work is much appreciated!!!

The white board is just East of the door to the maintenance shop, in the entryway. Or right across from the Welcome Center counter … whichever is more clear of a description.

2 Likes

Make ICT Needs this!

1 Like