X Carve CNC

Does anyone here have one of these at the home shop? Mine has arrived and I’m looking for some help on assembly… I will pay you for your time! I just want to make sure it is set up properly and calibrated before I start using the Easel software. If you have an X Carve by Inventables, please let me know. 316 706 8144. Thanks!

Jason

1 Like

I can help.

2 Likes

Jerome:

I own a Shapeoko from Carbide3d with strictly hobbyist level interest and experience.

Care to share your knowledge and skill ? You may be way over my head but it never hurts to ask.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Bill

1 Like

I would like to say I’m a beginner. I just have a svg pic I want to to be carved into a piece of plywood that I’m working on. I can’t remember anything from the class to do it correctly.

Jerome:

I have no idea what they taught in the class @ MakeICT. What I have learned has been through on-line tutorials (video & text) and the forum run by Carbide3. And of course lots of trial and error over the last year and a half.

I have a friend about a half mile from me who has the Shapeoko CNC in a slightly larger version. We share frustrations and successes when the oppportunity arises.

I will add this. In a production environment several people with different skillsets wold be responsible for a CNC machine and its products. As a home hobbyist you become all of those individuals. Responsibilities include:

Computers - Operating Systems and data file structurre
CAD - design of projects whether from scratch or imported from other source
CAM - creating tool paths - including tools & appropriate feed & speeds
Material - understanding different material, preparation, positioning and clamping
Machine Operation - zeroing axis, settings (mechanical & software)
Maintenance - belts, pulleys, setscrews, static control
Dust Collection

The list is long and any one of those things not correct can cause a failure. Troubleshooting is part of the learning process.

Fun when it works !

Look forward to hearing from you.

Bill

1 Like