Working on a New class - wind chimes

I agree Michelle, I enjoy my large windchime, it is mellow and not obtrusive.
Be sure to post pictures of your project!

Gene

I do the ceramic handbuilding class, thats where all those gnomes and other critters come from

That’s cool! Keep up the good work!

Gene

Oooh….I’m in. I really need practice working with metal cuz I really want to start making whirligigs and wind sculptures.

1 Like

SHHHHHH

Our bird feeder just broke and the wife is thinking replacing it with a whirligig. But can never find one she likes…

1 Like

I would be interested in a class also.

I bought a cool whirligig and will bring it in if we want to examine it to build more… it has some kind of bearing in it…

1 Like

Here’s a wind chime you can make!

2 Likes

Started putting theory into practice tonight. I’m pretty happy with the tones of this C4 Pentatonic chord, but I still need to come up with a clanger and mount.

They have a deep mellow tone. …but it uses all 10ft of a 1in steel pipe.

There is a lot of music theory I could put into this class, but I definitely want to keep the focus on using basic metalshop tools and equipment.

6 Likes

Maybe just bring yours to the class and let others try it and choose the sizes and tones they might like.

Striker materials probably make a huge difference too. And the sail allows lots of visual personalization options.

This is such a cool class man.

1 Like

Mine weighs over 50 lbs. and I did not use a clapper. The tubes contact each other and produce the tone. Works well.