Woodshop Happenings Update 8/2/23

I expect to receive my charge card and to begin purchasing needed items for the Woodshop (blades, missing parts, etc.) in the next few days.

We’re having another Woodshop Workshopping session on August 11th. Discussion from 5:30-6:00 followed by a planned work session. On this date the goal is to finish removing all the remaining soffit and obsolete mechanical stuffs from the west wall in the milling room, and do a deep cleaning in the assembly room.

I will be scheduling authorization classes and considering what types of skills classes I might teach. If you have suggestions for skills classes, or would like to teach a class yourself that would be rather excellent!

Thanks all, see you in the Woodshop.

15 Likes

I can be there next friday but wont be able to leave work until around 6pm.

3 Likes

The vertical belt sander could use a new belt. It’s hard for me to make meetings but reach out if there’s anything specific that you need help with.

3 Likes

im going to pare down some of my stuff as i have too much again. i have another empty tub i can load up and sort when i get home and donate to a friend who has an art school. so yes. the pile will shrink…

3 Likes

Looking forward to the next woodshop authorization class! Just got my membership reinstated tonight and will keep my eyes open for the next class!!

3 Likes

Is there a wishlist or needs list for donations?

1 Like