Woodshop fundraiser

I know we can’t discriminate by religion…having said that, that’s one weird religion.

5 Likes

Netter than warship dust… I think

2 Likes

Yeah, we need the HEPA level 0.3 micron filtration for silica dust. Otherwise, the filter would actually make things worse by keeping silica particles suspended in the air longer than the natural day or so that they hang out.

The filters that go with that affordable WEN filter only go down to 1 micron. I didn’t know if sub-micron filtration was important for woodshop dust.

WEN 90243-027-2 5-Micron Outer Air Filters, 2-Pack (for the WEN 3410 Air Filtration System) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00P84QE6C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_21WXA96S8HYXHWN0ECBY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

WEN 90243-026-2 1-Micron Inner Air Filters, 2-Pack (for the WEN 3410 Air Filtration System) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00P84QEF8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_H5ZPHRC6ZSJQKR93KPJR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

3 Likes

I also want to build a down-draft sanding table/booth/thingy that vents dust outdoors. Something like that might be interesting for other areas?

2 Likes

Yeah. It’s a little guy and I didn’t want it shuffling into the mix. Remind me to give it to you tonight!

1 Like

Brad:

I made one of those several years ago from discarded wheels from an old mower and some scrap wood. And I didn’t have to wait for Amazon.

Bill

1 Like

I already grabbed this one, but the more the merrier! Check with @squarenuts!

I think brad just got trigger happy while window shopping. Store bought or home made they’re still handy to have around!

2 Likes

Aaron:

The Gorilla Gripper.

I received this device from my daughter who thought it would be a good thing for her ‘aging’ father. I probably would not have purchased it for myself as it is not inexpensive since I don’t move that much sheet goods in my hobby shop.

Gorilla Gripper

I would highly recommend it for the MakeICT shop. Looking on Amazon there are knockoffs that are made of plastic and do not get good reviews. The original is aluminum - what I have - and is very well made.

Note there are different sizes for thicker items such as doors.

It makes it easy and safe to place full sized plywood sheets on the wheeled dolly. Similarly I find it ideal to place sheet goods on to a lift I have for my cutting table.

Bill

4 Likes

I was thinking of plasma-cutting and welding a few up. Anything that makes for safer lifting is definitely worthwhile!

1 Like