Woodshop clamps

The woodshop clamps being in the woodshop, not in the welding area. Do not use the clamps from the woodshop on your metal projects.

4 Likes

I found several bar clamps from the woodshop on the welding bench again tonight. First, don’t use woodshop clamps in the metal shop. Second, PUT STUFF BACK WHERE YOU GOT IT!!! FFS

4 Likes

Hey, David. I like you man, you are one seriously talented individual. I appreciate all you do for the space.

Merry Christmas,
      Bill Moehring
1 Like

-smh-

Really getting tired of finding woodshop tools in the metalshop…

I’d rather not have to put up a sign that says 'Don’t bring woodshop tools into the metalshop."

1 Like

The hot metal side has clamps right? Is there something that you would weld using that big bar clamp? I’ve never needed anything more then c clamps, a vise, and/or welding squares for these transit buses.

2 Likes

I’m getting weirded out by finding more wood shop stuff in the hot shop tonight…

I’ve put a sign on the doors to the hot shop and will be updating the wiki in the next couple days. I’m alright with wood projects being brought into the metalshop for being fitted or bolted to a project or for resin casting projects in the jewelry lab, but isn’t there a good spot in the woodshop somewhere to do glue ups?

6 Likes

@rustin.atkeisson get a load of this!

1 Like

A part of me is impressed…

How would you use those clamps in the woodshop?

Not sure what I am seeing there but the ones next to the Irwin Quick Clamps look like vertical hold downs. You drop the rounded end into a dog hole in the workbench and adjust the other end as you would a pipe clamp.

Bill

Yup…

That is the impressive part because I do not think there are any dog holes to use them on in the wood shop.

1 Like

Correct. The dog holes in the woodshop benches are 3/4" and the clamps are made for the bench in the metal shop that has 5/8" holes.

1 Like

ducktape

2 Likes

I think a pre-emptive “WASN’T ME” is in order here. COINCIDENTALLY I just experimented with using dog holes for work holding on the ShopBot. I 3D printed my own holding parts and my dog holes were 20mm (just over 3/4 inches) and only 15mm deep. I’m making this clear because someone did ask me, and I want to nip that in the bud! :slight_smile:

1 Like

should we put the clamps on a string like a pen at the bank?

2 Likes

Attach them to a car wheel like the bathroom key at Stuckies?

3 Likes

Since it’s the metal shop…

1 Like