Wood lathe classes?

Hey guys I was wondering if there would be any classes on the wood lathe anytime soon? I’ve been anxious to get started working with it, but I know it requires it’s own safety class it order to be authorized to use it.

hi anna, i use the lathe quite often. its pretty much the only reason why i joined makerspace it seems. ill show you how to use it. its very simple. no charge. its easy to find me as i have my pic on my locker.

1 Like

That would be fantastic. Please let me know when you would likely be up at the maker space. I’m not at the maker space often right now sine I don’t have any current projects but I can come up in the evenings or on the weekends.

i am usually there after 5pm. i usually leave around 7 unless its crowded. at the moment im between projects and will just be gluing a lot. but i can show you the basics and what ive learned. its just a lot of turn time and trial and error. patience is the key.

Sheldon,
If you and Anna meet, can I learn too? Try to call me when you are going down there (5-7) . I’ll try to meet too.

Barb
402-314-8328

I haven’t been able to go up there yet. I’ll try to make it up there in the next week. Perhaps we can make a more concrete date to meet up.

1 Like