Wood counter top ideas

6 Likes

WOW, those are awesome! Must be made with redwood slabs as large as they are.

2 Likes

Really gorgeous and expensive to create or replicate. Imagine what kind of house is around a table like that?

2 Likes

These got me thinking when I was driving through Missouri and saw a few small localized lumber mills with huge wood slabs sitting around. I’m from Whatcom County Washington, my grandfather worked in a lumber mill in the Pacific Northwest and built amazing furniture. Most of my Family lives in Bellingham. I don’t think much of the cost of materials since I grew up with trees galore being cut from family property and most were loggers or worked in the lumber mill so we always had slabs of wood and piles of wood in the barn. If they were not working with lumber then it was fishing or Boats. Up there you either worked with Trees or on Boats.

5 Likes

Bremerton Sailor here. I miss those forests. I remember the week Boeing sent me to Seattle and I took my rental car over to Bremerton. And then took the Kitsap highway north. Only to stop halfway to Poulsbo to pull over and cry. Why? The trees were all gone. The tree tunnels I used to drive my 69 Camaro around in were so gorgeous and fun.

Ive been to and thru Bellingham many times as I had a girlfriend in Vancouver Canada. I miss the PNW and the sound most of all.

I believe all of these images are made with AI. Not saying it may not be possible in real life, but these are not real life examples.

1 Like