Wilton Bullet Vise Rebuild

20 years ago I bought this Wilton Vise at a farm auction. It was made in 1942 per the stamps on the slide. These things are bomb proof and it worked fine but I decided to get it cleaned up inside and out and build a stand for it so it would be more functional in my garage. I used the sand blaster to clean up the parts and reworked some of the parts on the Craftsman lathe. Oil-blackened some of the hardware using the torch in the metal shop. Found some scrap metal at The Yard for the stand and welded it all up. Good coat of paint and it’s ready to put to use

10 Likes

That is some SWEET eye-candy! I love the paint job and the decal; is that a reproduction decal that you bought or one that you made? Please share your source and method for that Excellent Detail!

2 Likes

Very nice! Love Wilton vises!

2 Likes

Jerry, you are gonna have to start a youtube channel like MyMecanix has. I love watching old things being restored.

3 Likes

I found it on Ebay. He has a selection of different decals from what I saw.

1 Like

Thanks Ladeana. I’m not patient or skilled enough with the IT side to do my own youtube video’s but I spend a lot of time on there learning from those that do.

1 Like

That doesn’t look super useful for holding bullets…

Jk! That’s an awesome job! I watch tool restoration videos all the time and have tries a few times but not had anything turn out that good!

Yet :wink:

···

On Mon, Dec 5, 2022, 08:20 Jerry Jacot via MakeICT Forum <noreply@talk.makeict.org> wrote:

| jerryjacot MakeICT Member
December 5 |

• | - |

Thanks Ladeana. I’m not patient or skilled enough with the IT side to do my own youtube video’s but I spend a lot of time on there learning from those that do.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

| ladeana Board Member & Classroom Management
December 4 |

• | - |

Jerry, you are gonna have to start a youtube channel like MyMecanix has. I love watching old things being restored.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

2 Likes