Wichita Makes

Ok… for my birthday I did something crazy and I bought some podcasting equipment.
I am starting a podcast near the first of the year. My current iteration of the name is Wichita Makes. (A podcast about making in Wichita… well duh.)
I am looking for people who might want to co-host and/or do backend production things… like lining up guests and editing.
What I am thinking is a couple of co-hosts and some guests from around town… I have a setup that should allow 4 (maybe 6) people … but I think the best podcasts have 2-3 folks.
Any one interested?

5 Likes

I’ve been interviewed on a podcast as a guest before so I have some experience, plus I like to talk lol. If you need someone to be able to springboard off of, I think I’d be good at that. You and I are no stranger to lively conversation :laughing:

Willing to help however, I love podcasts!

Cool beans. I bought the Rodecaster Pro II. Link to the guide if you want to learn more:

Im game to help host. And shoot and try to learn to vid edit. I just got my old Canon SLR camera out, blew the dust off, and this is ugzackly what I wanted to use it for too. Making ,… you know, the progression of snaps, stop motion projects, making shots and vids. My Canon was not-long-ago-the tool of choice for this. Ok a few years ago in internet time means " only for grey haired users". Like me i forget why this camera was so good in the dinosaur past of 5 years ago, but it doesnt shoot in 4K, so… Ope … new rechargeable batteries are on order now. It may not have a plugged in mode. Ouch.

I DONT have vid editing skills anymore, but l know so many [kids] who just say, “Yeah I downloaded an app xyz-vid-edit-app.org and learned it in 2 hours.” Im hoping to duplicate that in about 20 hours. But I DOWN with the idea of watching one of my ceramics or woodshop or 3D print or lasercutting Maker friends letting me be the fly on the wall while we SHOW what you do [did]. And I walk away with some more production experience. And better friends.[ Or stronger aquaintances. Im hard to throw out of the room since my powerchair weighs more than me.]
I AM an experienced [ameteur?] and encouraging photographer. Lots of experience. When Im done, you will think you are the handsomest/prettiest maker that ever walked. And I will tell you why while Im setting up my shots, and every victim -i mean client gets a fresh bag of lies to make them feel empowered and glad to be recorded doing what they do.
Or maybe Im only a tenth as good at that with people as I think I am…in which case you will walk off feeling WAY superior to that idiot photographer with the weird name [Teya]. Either way, win win win.

My chat and program structure heroes are the guy and gal on The Cool Parts Show. My voice hero is that eternaly happy voice, Kai Rissdol on NPR. And my other production progression heros are the team that can SUMMARIZE the H$LL out of relativity for the common man, those talking heads and writers/producers on Veritassium. Many others too.
I often look for boring production types who are so nerded out they can put anyone to sleep but who have high viewrship numbers. Probably teachers getting better and better at vid presentation. Like me.
And then, there is my purple and wheeled charisma. Which nobody can deny. Except my spouse. Ok maybe a few more of you. Ok maybe a few more. The point is, im rarely put in a wheelbarrow and trucked to the curb coz i do a good job of guessing when you are about to blow … and stf upping.

1 Like

Yes, it says Tim on my badge and credit card but among trusted friends, I will evolve more and more towards Teya, and you can only get the explanation, in person.
I thank you for your patience and snippets of encouragement. I FEEL the " being excellent " stuff and…

… see… no sarcasm switch…
/T just truth.

Peace.

1 Like

Awesome Tim/Teya,
We would love to have you join the fun.

I do have video editing skills that I’ve wanted to practice more…

1 Like