Who's ready for new laser software?

Somehow missed this. We were asking how do you set a new origin somewhere other than 0,0 on the tAble .

Oh, in that case you can hit the “origin” button on the control pad; I don’t think there is a button in LightBurn to set the origin. This definitely works if you are running a file that is uploaded to the controller, but I’m not sure if it works if you run the file from the “Start” button in LightBurn. I haven’t tested that much, but I think it didn’t work when I set LightBurn to start from “User Origin”. “Current Position” and “Absolute Coordinates” both work as expected when running from LightBurn. This will probably require more testing.

Oh hi. I’ve been using lightburn. I love that I can just enter a coordinate and the head goes there. It is beautiful.

I’d like to hold off writing instructions until Mario gets its new controller.

I was also thinking of teaching some “laser refresher” classes - that’d be easy.

2 Likes

The new controller will probably be installed in a couple weeks when I get back in town.

Started the first draft of instructions, I’ll have to print them up to test with someone new.

We could use a three hole punch at the makerspace.

http://makeict.org/wiki/Lightburn

2 Likes

I’ll be dropping off a 3 hole punch this evening. Do we need more binders? I see that they’re about a dollar each at Sam’s.

1 Like

The punch is sitting on top of Mario.

1 Like

Instructions are now all printed off and in the Luigi binder. If anybody has corrections, mark up those pages!

6 Likes

Hey I reserved Luigi for Monday night and might be meeting somebody to help play the n00b and tell me whether the instructions I wrote up are good enough to educate the masses. If anybody wants to hang out and learn lightburn with us, I’ll be there around 6:30pm.

5 Likes

I’d love to! Thanks!
Mary P

Thanks for putting this together! I used the manual on Sunday, and i was able to figure it out. The only thing i felt was missing was an explanation of how to be intentional about where to start the laser so one could perform multiple workflows on the same exact spot. (I started from a spot, then i used absolute coordinates for the next parts of my project.)

1 Like