Who's got moving boxes?

We’re obviously moving and some of us are ready to start packing up the non-essentials, even if our permits aren’t ready for Booth to be a makerspace yet. Anyone have a connection where we could start getting a ton of moving boxes?

2 Likes

local shoe stores have great boxes. you will have to talk to someone and see when they get their shipments, as they break the boxes down for recycling shortly after arrival.

1 Like

Go to the nearest school Caldwell, Curtis and or Allen. The kitchens get tons of boxes daily.

1 Like

All the raw food is delivered to the 259 facility at 37th and Hydraulic. It is prepared there and hot food is transported to all schools. Better to check there, not the individual schools. Some boxes might be available at the Food Bank, @pwhutchi will know. Liquor stores also have boxes.

The best place might be where you know someone.

1 Like

@Hillbilly do you think you’d be able to grab some boxes for packing up the stuff at our current location? They’d need to go to the current (East Douglas) location.

1 Like

I was going to suggest liquor store as well and Monday is the best day to hit them up.

I’ll start bringing some from work as I rescue them from the crusher.

1 Like

Yay thanks Patrick!

I appreciate all the suggestions but what I’m really hoping is for volunteers to go work with these businesses and bring us some boxes, let’s divide and conquer!

1 Like

I’ll see what I can do.

2 Likes

I dropped off small load of boxes yesterday in the tv room. I will try and bring more today. Let the packing begin!

2 Likes

Thank you, Phil!

1 Like

Awesome Phil!

1 Like

Found these reusable boxes

1 Like

I got a couple of IBC tote cages might be good for larger heavy stuff if you want I can loan then till after the move

Just let me know

1 Like

I think we have plenty. Now we need tape.

Swing by Booth and get one of the paper tape dispensers. We’ve got several new rolls of tape for it, and the paper tape is much better for making boxes with non-fall-out bottoms.

1 Like

Oh! Wake up James! I have packing tape and dispenser. I’d like the dispenser back I’ll set a reminder to bring it by tomorrow

1 Like

We should pack the jewelry studio. It would need inventoried first. Any volunteers?

1 Like

I would help.

1 Like

Great!!! Malissa will be at Douglas tomorrow. @malissa what time?