Who needs help making something? (Straw poll)

Is this the place to reply to “Who needs help…”? If not sorry. If so…I’d really love some help creating a ceramic yarn bowl, and then eventually learn how to turn a wood one. :heart_eyes: (do I get the "used an emoji badge now??) I’d like to add a photo now of the ceramic yarn bowl I’d like to create, but don’t see an icon for that. Perhaps I need a class on how to navigate this forum…

The forum as a whole is where (I think) you should post things you need help with. Set you expectations proportional to the price of admission. Someone might answer your call for help. Sadly I can’t help you with either. I have seen occasional wood lathe/bowl turning classes. It would be cool.

I started the thread to find interesting projects to help out to make something new, or help someone that has an idea, but they need help getting from concept to physical form.

I hope you are able to find someone that can help you a long. You might want to take a look at the ceramics section. @pwhutchi or @ScottS might be able to point you to any organized events. I have not looked recently.

Good luck @ann

Tonight is Ceramics Tuesday. It’s the open house / orientation to the studio. Stop by and we’ll try to answer your questions.

2 Likes

Thanks, Patrick! If I can make it into town this evening I’ll bring a photo of what I’m going for.

1 Like

@AaronD

Eagle2%20floaters%20removed

1 Like